From: rumernallan on
My work email address has somehow got onto a spam list and now getting loads
of junk emails at work. But because I work for a large company I dont always
know the senders of genuine emails so it makes it difficult to spot the spam
as outlook only shows the senders name in the From column when viewing my
Inbox.

I would like to see the full email address of the sender in the list view of
emails so that I can identify spam a bit more easily. Is there a way of
making Outlook 2003 show the full email address e.g. Joe.Smith(a)Gigcorp.com
rather than just Joe Smith? I would like to see this information without
having to open the email.

Thanks in advance

From: Brian Tillman on
rumernallan <rumernallan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I would like to see the full email address of the sender in the list
> view of emails so that I can identify spam a bit more easily. Is
> there a way of making Outlook 2003 show the full email address e.g.
> Joe.Smith(a)Gigcorp.com rather than just Joe Smith? I would like to see
> this information without having to open the email.

Nope. The sender controls the appearance of the sender field.
--
Brian Tillman
From: Mike in Venice on
Hey There.

I spent many hours last night working on this same problem in Outlook 2000.
This is the most ridiculous oversight I can even conceive of! It's crazy! Not
just that it's not set to show the sender's email by default, but that it's
SPECIFICALLY an excluded function.

While the sender can control how their name appears, that doesn't mean that
Outlook doesn't know what the email address is, and could EASILY have it as
an available field. I have a potential solution for you that I haven't made
work in 2000, but supposedly works for 2003. A little of this is from memory,
so you might have to work with it a little.

Take the following text, and paste it into Notepad (without the asterisks).

**************

[Description]
MessageClass=IPM.Note
CLSID={00020D31-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
DisplayName=Sender Email Address
Category=Standard
Subcategory=Form
Comment=This forms allows the Senders E-mail address to be viewed as a
column
LargeIcon=IPML.ico
SmallIcon=IPMS.ico
Version=1.0
Locale=enu
Hidden=1
Owner=Neostorm Systems
Contact=Neo
[Platforms]
Platform1=Win16
Platform2=NTx86
Platform9=Win95
[Platform.Win16]
CPU=ix86
OSVersion=Win3.1
[Platform.NTx86]
CPU=ix86
OSVersion=WinNT3.5
[Platform.Win95]
CPU=ix86
OSVersion=Win95
[Properties]
Property01=FromEmailAddress
[Property.FromEmailAddress]
Type=30
NmidInteger=0xc1f
DisplayName=From E-mail Address
[Verbs]
Verb1=1
[Verb.1]
DisplayName=&Open
Code=0
Flags=0
Attribs=2
[Extensions]
Extensions1=1
[Extension.1]
Type=30
NmidPropset={00020D0C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
NmidInteger=1
Value=1000000000000000

***************

Save the file as "all files" and name it "SenderName.CFG" in the C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office\forms\1033 folder. In Outlook, go to
Tools-Options-Other-Advanced and install a new form. Browse to the .CFG file
you just saved, install it as a form. Then right-click the "From" column
header and "Customize Current View". Click "Fields" and pull down "Select
Available Fields" and choose "Forms". You should be able to select the
SenderName form and use it as a field.

I hope I got all that right... let me know if this helps :)

--
Michael Robinson
Venice, CA