From: Billy Smitty on
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
& HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

From: Adam on
Billy Smitty wrote:
> Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
> & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
> cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
> after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
> remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
> but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

Did you try your favorite search engine first?

I found conflicting advice.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has
both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the
printer, so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing
after refilling anyway.

Just yesterday I refilled an HP 21 cartridge (black) for the first
time, and the tape method worked for that, but as I said that may
not work for the 94/95.

Adam
From: Bob Headrick on
"Adam" <adam(a)address.invalid> wrote in message

> http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has both
> the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said the 94/95
> had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer, so you can't
> reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after refilling anyway.

The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked as
low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even with
the ink gauge reading "empty".

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

From: Adam on
> "Adam" <adam(a)address.invalid> wrote:
>> http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has
>> both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
>> the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer,
>> so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after
>> refilling anyway.
>
> The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked
> as low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even
> with the ink gauge reading "empty".
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Many thanks, Bob! On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll
ask: When do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or
5% of ink remaining)? After refilling, is there any way to tell (or
even guess) in advance when the ink will actually run out?

Adam
--
Email: adam seven zero seven AT verizon DOT net
From: DJT on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:39:35 -0400, Adam <adam(a)address.invalid> wrote:

>> "Adam" <adam(a)address.invalid> wrote:
>>> http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_reset-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html has
>>> both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
>>> the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer,
>>> so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after
>>> refilling anyway.
>>
>> The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked
>> as low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even
>> with the ink gauge reading "empty".
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
>
>Many thanks, Bob! On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll
>ask: When do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or
>5% of ink remaining)? After refilling, is there any way to tell (or
>even guess) in advance when the ink will actually run out?
>
>Adam
The only way I know when the Cartridges are close to empty is by the
weight of the cartridges. I can tell if they are not close to full
when I pick them up. I refill them regularly and do't let them get
close to empty

DJT
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2