From: Wales P. Nematollahi Wales P. on

From: Wales P. Nematollahi on
Okay, now I get how your replies work.

Michael Koerner wrote: "You can print up to 9 slides per page when printing
to handouts. Isn't that enough?" Frankly, (a) you don't get the point, which
is that there is too much WHITE SPACE when one prints handouts, and (b)
"Isn't that enough?"is a POOR way to respond to a customer. I am a trainer
and tester/evaluator for the government, and an adjunct professor as well. I
should have gotten in trouble if I had responded to my customers in that
manner. You only help to confirm the stereotype that Microsoft thinks it is
superior to its customers.

As for sending to Word: Have you ever looked at the size of such files?? The
last one I did that, a 33 MB PowerPoint became 198 MB!

Based on experience, Open Office does poorly with handouts as well. However,
for those of you who have Corel WordPerfect Office: If you send a
Presentations file to WordPerfect, the file is not that huge, and one can
manipulate notes pages to have four slides on the left of each page, with
minimal wasted space.

Mr. Koerner: The suggestions from PowerPoint users are excellent. I strongly
recommend you try to make adjustments.

Wales P. Nematollahi, PhD, MT(ASCP)

From: Steve Rindsberg on

> Michael Koerner wrote: "You can print up to 9 slides per page when printing
> to handouts. Isn't that enough?" Frankly, (a) you don't get the point, which
> is that there is too much WHITE SPACE when one prints handouts, and (b)
> "Isn't that enough?"is a POOR way to respond to a customer. I am a trainer
> and tester/evaluator for the government, and an adjunct professor as well. I
> should have gotten in trouble if I had responded to my customers in that
> manner. You only help to confirm the stereotype that Microsoft thinks it is
> superior to its customers.

Just so you understand the basics, you're not Michael's customer. He, like everybody
else who answers questions here, is a volunteer, not Microsoft staff.

I'm one of the other volunteers (and also an adjunct professor, for that matter) and I
agree that PPT's handouts are borderline useless.

My "fix" is to create a PDF, printing SLIDES, not handouts, to the PDF file.
Then open the PDF in Acrobat/Reader and use its ability to print multiple pages per
sheet to make n-up handouts. By setting the number of pages per sheet to "Custom" and
fiddling with the number of rows/columns, you can all but eliminate the wasted white
space.

Our trees bow down in appreciation.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Michael Koerner on
Thanks Steve

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <340AD6A5-48D8-4A2E-A449-B34D3D762162(a)microsoft.com>, Michael
Koerner wrote:
> Thanks Steve

De nada.

Oh, and I forgot to mention ... I added this recently:

Print larger handouts
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ01046.htm