From: Tapas Das on
Hi,

I am trying to add a DVI-D video out port to my Dell Optiplex GX620.

I see there is a Dell X8762 DVI Add in Adapter Card, PCI-E, Low Profile,
that sells for $26.95 at www.softarcade.net

The Dell Optiplex GX620 comes with a VGA out. I have connected a Dell 1707FP
LCD monitor to this via the analog VGA port.

I would like to add a second Dell 1707FP monitor using the DVI-D connection.

My question is will this X8762 DVI add in adapter give me a DVI-D port in
addition to the existing VGA port? Or, will I lose the VGA port
functionality.

What would be the cheapest way to connect two 1707FP monitors to my GX620?

Regards,

Tapas

From: DellSupport on

Tapas Das;714567 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to add a DVI-D video out port to my Dell Optiplex GX620.
>
> I see there is a Dell X8762 DVI Add in Adapter Card, PCI-E, Low
> Profile,
> that sells for $26.95 at www.softarcade.net
>
> The Dell Optiplex GX620 comes with a VGA out. I have connected a Dell
> 1707FP
> LCD monitor to this via the analog VGA port.
>
> I would like to add a second Dell 1707FP monitor using the DVI-D
> connection.
>
> My question is will this X8762 DVI add in adapter give me a DVI-D port
> in
> addition to the existing VGA port? Or, will I lose the VGA port
> functionality.
>
> What would be the cheapest way to connect two 1707FP monitors to my
> GX620?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tapas

I'm not sure if you still needed help with this or not, but I thought I
would post just in case.

If you use the integrated video card and the PCI-E add on card to add
the DVI connection, then you can run the system dual monitor. From the
documentation I have you can connect up one display using VGA and a
second using DVI through the add on card with no problems at all.

If you have other questions about the monitors or systems feel free to
let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

--
DellSupport
From: Columbotrek on
I am using a Dell Optiplex 280 with the Radon X300 and two Dell 19" flat
displays. Mine is using a Y adaptor cord which uses the analog out port
of the video card. Works good. But its not digital.