From: Doug Bashford on

With Eudora 5.2 I could edit the From line.

It was under Tools > Options > Sending Mail+
check: "Allow editing of from and attachment headers"
Here's a screenshot of that:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2cehunb.jpg
or
http://tinypic.com/r/2cehunb/5

Wild guess:
It might have been an upgrade or addon or some such
trying to get certificates or security coding to work.

How do I do that in V.7.1 ?

Thanks!
--Doug

The insane twist the facts to fit their world view.
The rational change their world view to fit the facts.
From: Ajo Wissink on
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:55:36 GMT, playing(a)work.edu (Doug Bashford)
wrote:

>With Eudora 5.2 I could edit the From line.
>
>It was under Tools > Options > Sending Mail+
>check: "Allow editing of from and attachment headers"
>Here's a screenshot of that:
> http://i42.tinypic.com/2cehunb.jpg
>or
> http://tinypic.com/r/2cehunb/5
>
>Wild guess:
>It might have been an upgrade or addon or some such
>trying to get certificates or security coding to work.
>
>How do I do that in V.7.1 ?

That has not changed in version 7.1

Sending Mail+ is one of the extra options you can enable by copying
esoteric.epi in the extrastuff subdirectory one level up to the
program directory.
From: John H Meyers on
> "Allow editing of from and attachment headers"

<X-Eudora-Option:EditAllHeaders=1>

How to use this (see 2nd paragraph):
http://www.eudora.com/download/eudora/windows/7.1/RelNotes.txt

From: Ajo Wissink on
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:12:25 -0500, John H Meyers
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>> "Allow editing of from and attachment headers"
>
><X-Eudora-Option:EditAllHeaders=1>

Yes, you can do it that way too.

I use the Tools > Options method occasionally because it is a more
convenient way to switch the setting on and off.

When the setting is "off", attachments in the outgoing message header
are links which can open the attached files when double-clicked upon,
while when the setting is "on" they are just paths. This is useful
for absent minded seniors to check if the attachment that is going to
be sent is really the one that was intended ;)
From: Doug Bashford on

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010, Ajo Wissink said about:
Re: How do I edit the FROM header in V.7.1?
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2010, John H Meyers
> <jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

> >> "Allow editing of from and attachment headers"
> >
> ><X-Eudora-Option:EditAllHeaders=1>
>
> Yes, you can do it that way too.
>
> I use the Tools > Options method occasionally because it is a more
> convenient way to switch the setting on and off.
>
> When the setting is "off", attachments in the outgoing message header
> are links which can open the attached files when double-clicked upon,
> while when the setting is "on" they are just paths. This is useful
> for absent minded seniors to check if the attachment that is going to
> be sent is really the one that was intended ;)

Thanks Guys!

That reminds me, it seems that with this new version,
I have trouble editing the attachment list.
Two problems:
1) ....seems like before, to remove one of several,
I just deleted that path. Now it won't.
....or attempting that munges the list.
2) Sometimes the list gets munged, like a space gets lost
or some such. Can't open error on send. ....seems like before,
I just fixed it, now it's unpredictable and won't.

For both, to fix, I must delete the whole list and re-add.
Is there a way to edit the attachment list now?

3) Is there a way to manually sort the attachment list?
Often I'd prefer them to be seen in a particular order.
I couldn't do that in the old version either.
I have no idea what the machine-sort reasoning/ordering is.