From: Trev on

"Annix" <also(a)this.invalid1> wrote in message
> "Trev" <trevbowdenHATdsl.pipex.com.invalid> wrote in
>

>> "Annix" <also(a)this.invalid1> wrote in message
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> I've been using PSP since ver. 3 and this is the first time I've had a
>>> problem with it: Ever since our old printer died and we installed a
>>> network
>>> printer on our LAN, I get a message saying there is no default printer
>>> installed when I try to open the Print Layout applet in PSP 8. I use
>>> that
>>> applet at least once a week and I'm tearing my hair out.
>>>
>>> Does anyone here have any ideas as to how to get PSP 8 to connect to the
>>> network printer? It's a Brother HL-2070N.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>> Do you have the printer set for sharing?
>
> Yes
>
> Have you installed the drivers?
>
> Yes
>
>> Have you set it as default printer on this computer?
>
> Yes
>
> Can you print to it
>> from other programs like Word?
>
> Don't have word, but yes, Wordpad and Notepad
> and even other art programs are printing fine.
> PSP8 prints fine, too, (darn! I forgot to say
> that before, sorry!)but the PSP Print Layout
> applet that lets you combine various files for
> printing on a single page can't find the printer.
>
> I even reinstalled the network printer with the latest
> drivers.
>
> I have since downloaded the Corel version of
> PSP - v 10, on a 30 day trial. It has no problem
> with the Network printer so far. I'm working in
> PSP 8 and printing from PSP 10 for now as I don't
> have time to find everything in 10 to set it up
> the way I need it.
>
> I would love to get this glitch in PSP 8 sorted
> out, as the program is set up the way I like and
> I'm resistant to change.
>
> Thanks for the reply. Any more suggestions?
> Anyone?

Install a dummy printer or a second instance then you can change the default
to the dummy to kid PSP and then change back. Seams to work for some folk

From: Annix on
"Trev" <trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM> wrote in

> "Annix" <also(a)this.invalid1> wrote in message
>> "Trev" <trevbowdenHATdsl.pipex.com.invalid> wrote in
>>

>>> "Annix" <also(a)this.invalid1> wrote in message

>>> Do you have the printer set for sharing?
>>
>> Yes
>>
>> Have you installed the drivers?
>>
>> Yes
>>
>>> Have you set it as default printer on this computer?
>>
>> Yes
>>
>> Can you print to it
>>> from other programs like Word?
>>
>> Don't have word, but yes, Wordpad and Notepad
>> and even other art programs are printing fine.
>> PSP8 prints fine, too, (darn! I forgot to say
>> that before, sorry!)but the PSP Print Layout
>> applet that lets you combine various files for
>> printing on a single page can't find the printer.
>>
>> I even reinstalled the network printer with the latest
>> drivers.
>>
>> I have since downloaded the Corel version of
>> PSP - v 10, on a 30 day trial. It has no problem
>> with the Network printer so far. I'm working in
>> PSP 8 and printing from PSP 10 for now as I don't
>> have time to find everything in 10 to set it up
>> the way I need it.
>>
>> I would love to get this glitch in PSP 8 sorted
>> out, as the program is set up the way I like and
>> I'm resistant to change.
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. Any more suggestions?
>> Anyone?
>
> Install a dummy printer or a second instance then you can change the
default
> to the dummy to kid PSP and then change back. Seams to work for some folk

Hi again... Well I tried your suggestion, but program was too smart for me.
It saw through my transparent attempt at sleight-of-hand. Bested by a piece
of software. Oh, what has man/woman kind become.

Perhaps I'll try it again with the program open this time.

(In PSPX, I had laboriously placed two 5.5"x8.5" graphics on the landscape
8.5"x11.0" page, saved it with images, after printing one copy at a time to
verify that it was aligned properly. Then being satisfied, I changed the
number of pages I wanted printed to 10, clicked OK, and the images were
suddenly flipped to portrait mode while the page was still in landscape
mode. *shakes head with very little hair left*

After fiddling with closing and re-opening the Print Layout applet loading
the file a number of times with the same lopsided result, I finally tried
making the page portrait, loaded the saved file and it turned the page to
landscape and placed the images corectly! LOL!

So much for PSPX. I'm sure its a very nice program, but I'm going back to
making fire by rubbing sticks together, thanks. lol

Thanks for trying your best to help me. It is good to know that this ng is
here, as well as the ones at Corel. Again, thanks!
From: Trev on

> "Trev" <trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM> wrote in
>

>> "Annix" <also(a)this.invalid1> wrote in message
>>> "Trev" <trevbowdenHATdsl.pipex.com.invalid> wrote in

> the

>>> Yes
>>>
>>> Have you installed the drivers?
>>>
>>> Yes

>>> Yes
>>>
>>> Can you print to it
>>>
>>> Don't have word, but yes, Wordpad and Notepad
>>> and even other art programs are printing fine.
>>> PSP8 prints fine, too, (darn! I forgot to say
>>> that before, sorry!)but the PSP Print Layout
>>> applet that lets you combine various files for
>>> printing on a single page can't find the printer.
>>>
>>> I even reinstalled the network printer with the latest
>>> drivers.
>>>
>>> I have since downloaded the Corel version of
>>> PSP - v 10, on a 30 day trial. It has no problem
>>> with the Network printer so far. I'm working in
>>> PSP 8 and printing from PSP 10 for now as I don't
>>> have time to find everything in 10 to set it up
>>> the way I need it.
>>>
>>> I would love to get this glitch in PSP 8 sorted
>>> out, as the program is set up the way I like and
>>> I'm resistant to change.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply. Any more suggestions?
>>> Anyone?
>>
>> Install a dummy printer or a second instance then you can change the
> default
>> to the dummy to kid PSP and then change back. Seams to work for some folk
>>

> Hi again... Well I tried your suggestion, but program was too smart for
> me.
> It saw through my transparent attempt at sleight-of-hand. Bested by a
> piece
> of software. Oh, what has man/woman kind become.
>
> Perhaps I'll try it again with the program open this time.
>
> (In PSPX, I had laboriously placed two 5.5"x8.5" graphics on the landscape
> 8.5"x11.0" page, saved it with images, after printing one copy at a time
> verify that it was aligned properly. Then being satisfied, I changed the
> number of pages I wanted printed to 10, clicked OK, and the images were
> suddenly flipped to portrait mode while the page was still in landscape
> mode. *shakes head with very little hair left*
>
> After fiddling with closing and re-opening the Print Layout applet loading
> the file a number of times with the same lopsided result, I finally tried
> making the page portrait, loaded the saved file and it turned the page to
> landscape and placed the images corectly! LOL!
>
> So much for PSPX. I'm sure its a very nice program, but I'm going back to
> making fire by rubbing sticks together, thanks. lol
>
> Thanks for trying your best to help me. It is good to know that this ng
> is
> here, as well as the ones at Corel. Again, thanks!

Win Xp has a print wizard called from the fax and print viewer. This does
multiple prints on a page too.

From: x0tix on
"Trev" <trevbowdenHATdsl.pipex.com.invalid> wrote in

<snipped a whole lot of stuff>
> Win Xp has a print wizard called from the fax and print viewer. This does
> multiple prints on a page too.

Really? *blush* I can't believe I never investigated that. lol

Thanks for hanging in there with me, Trev.

From: Trev on

"x0tix" <also(a)this.is.invalid> wrote in message
> "Trev" <trevbowdenHATdsl.pipex.com.invalid> wrote in
>
> <snipped a whole lot of stuff>
>> Win Xp has a print wizard called from the fax and print viewer. This does
>> multiple prints on a page too.
>>

> Really? *blush* I can't believe I never investigated that. lol
>
> Thanks for hanging in there with me, Trev.

Psst dont read this out loud, but it does a very good job of
Interpolarising pixels. As I discovered when printing the low res image
that I had saved for the web at 10 x 8 inch's instead of the 240ppi 10 x 8
that I had meant to print