From: MikeH on
The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another
machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I
don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So
How do I accomplish this?
From: MikeH on
Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh(a)somewhere.net> wrote:
>
>> The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another
>> machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I
>> don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So
>> How do I accomplish this?
>

> First of all, please note that this is an Outlook newsgroup, not an
> outlook express one. Outlook and outlook express are two very
> different programs. You should ask outlook express questions in an
> outlook express newsgroup since that's where the outlook express
> experts hang out and where you are most likely to get the help you
> need.
>
> Secondly, you are right that outlook express can not be run on a
> Windows 7 machine. However, depending on what e-mail client and
> newsreader you run on the Windows 7 machine, they can very likely
> import and use the outlook express files.

My question IS an Outlook (2007) question. I am setting up Outlook 2007
on a Windows 2007 machine and I need to import from Outlook Express on
an XP machine. Why is this not an appropriate question for this group?

From: MikeH on

From: MikeH on
Thanks to all for your help. I ended up using Windows Live Mail as an
intermediary and got the job done.

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh(a)somewhere.net> wrote:
>
>> The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another
>> machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I
>> don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So
>> How do I accomplish this?
>

> First of all, please note that this is an Outlook newsgroup, not an
> outlook express one. Outlook and outlook express are two very
> different programs. You should ask outlook express questions in an
> outlook express newsgroup since that's where the outlook express
> experts hang out and where you are most likely to get the help you
> need.
>
> Secondly, you are right that outlook express can not be run on a
> Windows 7 machine. However, depending on what e-mail client and
> newsreader you run on the Windows 7 machine, they can very likely
> import and use the outlook express files.

Pages: 1
Prev: default snooze time
Next: Toobars