From: Als Heimer on
Just upgraded my system but when I shutdown the computer the light
inside my optical mouse stays on. Any suggestions?
A.
From: annily on
Als Heimer wrote:
> Just upgraded my system but when I shutdown the computer the light
> inside my optical mouse stays on. Any suggestions?
> A.

Cut the mains power to the computer.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: Sandgroper on

"Als Heimer" <al(a)fishing.net> wrote in message
> Just upgraded my system but when I shutdown the computer the light inside
> my optical mouse stays on. Any suggestions?
> A.

I have the same problem and the only fix I have found is to unplug the mouse
from the PC and plug it back in.

--

Sandgroper
Save planet Earth !

From: Parko on
On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 22:08:57 +1000, Als Heimer wrote:

> Just upgraded my system but when I shutdown the computer the light
> inside my optical mouse stays on. Any suggestions? A.

Put some masking tape over the little LED.

--
Be useful
http://climateprediction.net/
From: Rod Speed on
Als Heimer wrote:

> Just upgraded my system but when I shutdown the computer the light inside my optical mouse stays on.

Thats normal. You'll likely find that the system will start if you move the mouse.

> Any suggestions?

There should be a bios setting that allows you to shut down completely with the mouse off if you care.