From: archie on
I am having a problem when I click on any links in emails sent to me. The
error message tells me that this operation has been cancelled due to
restriction in effect on this computer and advises me to check with the
system administrator. I am working on my personal pc at home and I am unable
to figure out how to get this function back. Can anyone help me?
From: VanguardLH on
archie wrote:

> I am having a problem when I click on any links in emails sent to me. The
> error message tells me that this operation has been cancelled due to
> restriction in effect on this computer and advises me to check with the
> system administrator. I am working on my personal pc at home and I am
> unable to figure out how to get this function back. Can anyone help me?

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- Provide sufficient context on when the error occurs or how to
reproduce it.

You found absolutely nothing in a Google search on this problem?

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Boutlook+%2Boperation+%2Bcancelled+%2Brestrictions
From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
reset your web settings/ Internet options (you don't mention your OS or IE
version)

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, archie asked: