From: Justin on
In article <eqDQQzpLLHA.5196(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
"Shenan Stanley" <newshelper(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Justin wrote:
> > I bought another Dell D430 without an Operating system off eBay. I
> > upgraded the RAM to 2GB. But of course I needed to install
> > Windows. So I bought a memory panel with an XP professional COA on
> > it for a whole $5, put that panel on the laptop and sold it! It
> > works perfectly.
> > So, how horrible a person am I for stealing from Microsoft?
> > Should I be purged? Should I turn myself into the Microsoft piracy
> > gulag?
> > I feel so guilty. But I think I can live with it.
>
> You bought a computer off eBay. That's as far as anyone should read.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

And I'm buying another one! Dell D430 - for $150 - same deal. I'll
upgrade the RAM, get another XP OEM license and sell it.
I know I should go though an authorized Microsoft reseller (LOL).
From: MuahMan on
You break Darwin's Law every day you make it through alive.
From: Justin on
In article <OTYzJ5pLLHA.5668(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hope you sold it for $5.01 kos that's what it was worth.
>
> Justin wrote:
> > I bought another Dell D430 without an Operating system off eBay. I
> > upgraded the RAM to 2GB. But of course I needed to install Windows. So
> > I bought a memory panel with an XP professional COA on it for a whole
> > $5, put that panel on the laptop and sold it! It works perfectly.
> > So, how horrible a person am I for stealing from Microsoft?
> > Should I be purged? Should I turn myself into the Microsoft piracy
> > gulag?
> > I feel so guilty. But I think I can live with it.

I should be able to sell the whole unit for >$200 if I ship worldwide.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Ping piracy(a)microsoft.com, I'm sure they can help you do that.

From: Andy on
buying one is fine reselling it with a cheap copy of windows or an illegal
copy is wrong sa the buyer gets stuck with a copy of windows microsoft might
not support at all.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS