From: powrwrap on
> On Feb 17, 10:34 am, Daddy <da...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I'm about to purchase a Studio XPS 8100.

Please post back with your impressions. I'm looking at a Studio XPS
9000, but the 8100 is also a contender.
From: Father Justin on
On 2/17/10 11:34 AM, Daddy wrote:
> I'm about to purchase a Studio XPS 8100. It's been a while since I got a
> new PC, so I'd like to ask the collective wisdom:
>
> How do you check out a new PC?
>
> What do you like to do before and after you press the Power button for
> the first time?
>
> Daddy

You kick yourself for not getting a Mac.

--
http://www.vatican.va
From: Bob Villa on
On Feb 20, 9:57 pm, Father Justin <jus...(a)nobecauseihatespam.com>
wrote:
> On 2/17/10 11:34 AM, Daddy wrote:
>
> > I'm about to purchase a Studio XPS 8100. It's been a while since I got a
> > new PC, so I'd like to ask the collective wisdom:
>
> > How do you check out a new PC?
>
> > What do you like to do before and after you press the Power button for
> > the first time?
>
> > Daddy
>
> You kick yourself for not getting a Mac.
>
> --http://www.vatican.va

Meaning: "You'll kick yourself for not getting a Mac". ("Mac types"
are not too bright!)
From: powrwrap on
> On Feb 18, 12:04 pm, Daddy <da...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

> On the subject of the 8100 vs. 9000: Unless you have a real need for the
> X58 chipset and Bloomfield processors, you're spending the extra money
> for bragging rights.

The 9000 also has a beefier power supply, room for another hard drive,
and 8MB more memory capacity.

From: Daddy on
powrwrap wrote:
>> On Feb 18, 12:04 pm, Daddy <da...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On the subject of the 8100 vs. 9000: Unless you have a real need for the
>> X58 chipset and Bloomfield processors, you're spending the extra money
>> for bragging rights.
>
> The 9000 also has a beefier power supply, room for another hard drive,
> and 8MB more memory capacity.

A "beefier" power supply is only needed if you're using two or more
graphics cards (as in a CrossFire or SLI configuration); the 8100 also
has room for a second internal hard drive; and no sane person needs
anything close to the maximum memory supported by either computer.

Daddy