From: Hot-text on
It's Ok Bill
You download 74% and stop it 15min video
on making a tool bar with the freeware SWF Producer!
Some day you have time to look at it I speed up my Server from 10mb to a
100mb Date-rate
I see the Transferred 5.82 so I believe you have a 58kb Dial Up modem or on
a Broadband!
Your Date-rate was 116 KBps

From: Jenn on
... Maybe the path is wrong that the actual video controls are connected to..
seems I remember there being a place where you have to edit the path, so
when you upload it to your server, the path is going to change ... I worked
a little bit with some Flash video players, but it's been a while.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

"Bill Anderson" <billanderson(a)my-deja.com> wrote in message
On Apr 9, 9:51 am, Warren Oates <warren.oa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <sr2dnZF5tpea7CPWnZ2dnUVZ_ridn...(a)giganews.com>,
> Bill Anderson <billanderson...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > You may want to know how I created the swf in Flash CS4. When I thought
> > I had the problem licked, I made myself some notes, and I'll paste them
> > below. If there's something wrong with this procedure, what is it?
>
> Nothing, but if you have any kind of scripting skills, take a look at the
> _free_ Flex 4.1
> SDK from Adobe:

Hi Warren. I have virtually no scripting skills, though I've done
some scripting when I had to. My basic question, when all the other
stuff I posted is peeled back, is this:

If a relatively cheap product like Flash Video Studio can give me a
simple swf file set that embeds in FrontPage quickly and easily by
drag and drop, why can't Flash CS4 do the same thing? It appears to
do the same thing, and in fact the Flash CS4 swf works fine when I
drag and drop in FrontPage as long as I don't upload it to my server.
I'm so close to getting what I want from Flash CS4 that it's
tantalizing. Is it by design that what I'm getting from CS4 doesn't
work? Surely it would work if I do something right. But what?

Still, many thanks for your reply. I'll give Flex a try after I've
figured out what an SDK is. See ... I really do need something simple
here.

And I thought you were great in The Wild Bunch.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

From: Bill Anderson on
Jenn wrote:
> .. Maybe the path is wrong that the actual video controls are connected to..
> seems I remember there being a place where you have to edit the path, so
> when you upload it to your server, the path is going to change ... I worked
> a little bit with some Flash video players, but it's been a while.

Thanks, Jenn. I went ahead and got a copy of Flash Video Studio which
produces swf files I can drop onto a web page in FrontPage, edit
dimensions, and I'm done. The controls are embedded in the video file
and I don't have to worry about paths or extra files containing the
controls.

It seems like something Flash CS4 should do with ease, but I guess not.
I'd still like to know whether it can be done easily with Flash CS4
Professional. I just had the feeling that I was about to succeed and
that I hadn't done something simple -- like setting the right path. But
I never did figure it out.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog
From: Hot-text on
Good to see that you get it work out, Mighty Favog Bill Anderson
And it like the Style of your web site @ http://paintrock.net/ !

For my Dad was Old Navy Man, for 30 Years he love the USS Bush
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bush_(DD-529)
Fate: Sunk off Okinawa, 6 April 1945 and the ship was abandoned by her 227
survivors just before she folded and sank. 87 of her crew were lost. my Dad
was one of the survivors.
Bush received seven battle stars for her World War II service.

Bill Anderson your Dad ship
Santa Fe received 13 battle stars for her World War II service. And Made
it threw the War!

Your Hot-Text
Billy Ray Ferrell

From: Bill Anderson on
Hot-text wrote:
> Good to see that you get it work out, Mighty Favog Bill Anderson

Thanks for your help, Hot.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog