From: Niagara Mouse on
I have imported a website and made changes but something on the remote site
will not import, FP says it doesn't recognize the file type. The file is:
mainwebsite_html and all the web pages are inside a folder named:
mainwebsite_html.bk

What does that mainwebsite_html do? The website is:
www.stablehousestudio.ca I am afraid to overwrite the files in case nothing
works because I don't know what this is about but I am guessing that this
somehow references the webpages in the folder mainwebsite_html.bk

Please help I don't know what to do.
From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
looks like a folder with a slightly different version of the website

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

From: Niagara Mouse on
Hi Rob, actually it is not a folder, all the other folders are there and show
as folders, FP does not know what that file is. I wish I could attach a
screen shot of what the remote site looks like so you can see.

When I open the remote site it show no actual web pages just folders and
that weird file named mainwebsite_html (marked unmatched because it did not
import)it has no contents and no file extension. The web pages (index,
contact, etc.) are found in a folder named mainwebsite_html.bk. The whole
website is in conflict because I have made modifications.

I am suspicious that the file mainwebsite_html somehow points to the folder
that contains all of the pages. If I synchronize the site and it wipes out
that odd file I am afraid that the website then won't find any of the pages,
is that possible. The navigation links that point to each page show as:
"mainwebsite_html.bk/index.html" (for example)

Do I dare update the site?
Could it have something to do with the javascript?

From: Tom Willett on
Contact your host to see what it might be. Maybe a backup?
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
:
[...]
: "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
:
: > looks like a folder with a slightly different version of the website
: >
: >
: > --
: > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: > Rob Giordano
: > Microsoft MVP Expression Web
: >
: >
: >
: >
: >
: >
: > "Niagara Mouse" <NiagaraMouse(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
: > news:58D23489-53B6-44EC-BCB8-41B4D0C49C94(a)microsoft.com...
: > > I have imported a website and made changes but something on the remote
: > > site
: > > will not import, FP says it doesn't recognize the file type. The file
is:
: > > mainwebsite_html and all the web pages are inside a folder named:
: > > mainwebsite_html.bk
: > >

From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
I got it.

It is a folder...you just didn't Import "deep" enough. Set import for 20
levels and you'll get what's in that folder...good luck sorting it out
'cause it looks like a different version of the website.

--