From: Franz Leu on
We are currently developing Hardware/Firmware for VoIP phones. In that
context developers need to know the IP a device got from the DHCP to be
able to connect to it.

From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
I would think that you would have a Development/Lab Network for this kind of activity vs using the business network

In another forum, a poster was able to solve this by installing Adminpak.msi from a windows 2000 server CD
Here is a link to download the Admin Pack for Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef-a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3&displaylang=en

From: Franz Leu on
Thanks.
Actually, we *did* have a separate Lab Network, using a Server2003 as
DHCP, and .. and as Router to the business network .... until its HW
crashed and has not yet been replaced ;-)

I'll try the admin pack.
Thanks,
Franz

From: Jim on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:51:41 +0200, Franz Leu
<franz.spamremove.leu(a)norfolk.spamremove.ch> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look
>into the current lease list from an XP client?
>How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client?
>
>Thanks
>Franz

Can't you add some DHCP reservations, so that the same phone will
always get the same address?

Jim
From: Franz Leu on
Am 29.07.2010 19:20, schrieb Jim:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:51:41 +0200, Franz Leu
> <franz.spamremove.leu(a)norfolk.spamremove.ch> wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look
>> into the current lease list from an XP client?
>> How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Franz
>

> Can't you add some DHCP reservations, so that the same phone will
> always get the same address?
>

> Jim

Not a bad idea either .. as long as the devices do not change frequently.
Thanks
Franz