From: Karl E. Peterson on
C. Kevin Provance wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> That was probably the CALL32.DLL library? I have a copy of it here, if
>> anyone's interested. Uh, nevermind, looks like it's out in the wild
>> all over the place:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=call32
>>
>> It worked. Very well.
>
> You made me go look! <g>
>
> Yes, the thunk DLL was call32.dll. It did work like a charm, but as I said
> earlier, I never got the chance to use it. VB4 sucked so bad it became a
> consideration for future dev. But then VB5 came around which pushed me to
> drop the VB3 16 bit stuff, or dev for it.

I mostly used it with VB3.

http://www.google.com/search?q=call32+site%3Avb.mvps.org :-)

Definitely went 32-bits as soon as I could with VB4, which was also
dropped pretty quickly in favor of VB5 when that became available.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: C. Kevin Provance on
| I mostly used it with VB3.
|
| http://www.google.com/search?q=call32+site%3Avb.mvps.org :-)

Sweet stuff there. I'm thinking I found that origina code I messed with
there as well.

From: Paul Clement on
On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 12:41:06 -0800, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

� Paul Clement wrote:
� > Yeah, just think of how scary it would be to be able to do all this interop
� > stuff with Visual Basic .NET. You could even write new VSM columns about
� > it...that is, once you're ready for it. ;-)

� My sense is there isn't much of an audience. The ClassicVB stuff is
� definitely driving more traffic.

Oh, I definitely think the audience would be bigger if you were actually writing about Visual Basic
..NET, especially when you consider that the participation in those newsgroups and forums is far
greater than the Classic VB newsgroups. Most .NET newbies start working with Visual Basic Express
Edition before they even consider looking at Visual C# Express Edition.

Even if it was simply the cool things you can do with Classic VB and VB.NET interop I'm sure there
would be interest there.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Paul

The OP did first put that question in the Visual Basic General Forum.

You've even answered him.

I gave him the advice that his best change was this newsgroup because here
was not only your knowledge about the problem.

However, I'm disappointed after years have seen rant from some in this
newsgroup about the upgrade possibilities from VB6 to newer versions and now
these answers.

A VB6 active X is as far as I know relative easy to use in version 10, I've
never used it but saw plenty of replies about it. That is 5 versions newer
(there where 2 seven versions). And with VB3 to VB6 which are 3 steps it is
impossible.

Cor

From: mayayana on

> � My sense is there isn't much of an audience. The ClassicVB stuff is
> � definitely driving more traffic.
>
> Oh, I definitely think the audience would be bigger if you were actually
writing about Visual Basic
> .NET,

I find Karl's articles quite good as they are,
although I've never been clear about exactly
when and where to find the latest. (Karl,
could you adress that, please?)

But you may have a good point. If Karl did
a photo essay of "Lady GaGa's Getups For
Working With Interop", I might "read" that.

....Hmm, that gives a whole new shade of
meaning to "interop", doesn't it? And without
the infamous 300MB dependency. :)