From: LD55ZRA on

HeyBub wrote:

> Sardine wrote:
> >>

> The criteria I used are the reveiws from (presumably) unbiased
> sources.

This is the most stupid thing to do because reviews are reviews
posted by nutters. The Proof is all here for everybody to see:

<http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/historian-orlando-figes-admits-posting-savage-reviews-of-rivals-work-on-amazon-1952753.html>

<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266860/I-blame-wife-Top-historian-accused-rubbishing-rivals-Amazon-reviews--wife-says-SHE-did-it.html>

Either you should use your own brain by trying it on your system
and therefore taking responsibility for it or simply shut up!

I try every solutions on my system before posting here.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.
From: HeyBub on
LD55ZRA wrote:

> This is the most stupid thing to do because reviews are reviews
> posted by nutters. The Proof is all here for everybody to see:
>
> <http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/historian-orlando-figes-admits-posting-savage-reviews-of-rivals-work-on-amazon-1952753.html>
>
> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266860/I-blame-wife-Top-historian-accused-rubbishing-rivals-Amazon-reviews--wife-says-SHE-did-it.html>
>
> Either you should use your own brain by trying it on your system
> and therefore taking responsibility for it or simply shut up!
>
> I try every solutions on my system before posting here.

At the risk of being a "nutter," I have to ask: How does an individual, such
as you, test an anti-virus program? How on earth can you detect a false
negative before it does irreparable damage to your machine?

Admittedly, you could download a comprehensive file of virus signatures and
play it against your installed product, but why do that when the providers
of the signature file have already done so? For example:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Further, since you've evidently tried multitudes of AV programs, which one
do you recommend? And why? Or are you simply a devotee of "process" instead
of "results?"

From: Unknown on
Have you investigated MSE?

From: Twayne on
In news:ONc7xr94KHA.4740(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Unknown <unknown(a)unknown.kom> typed:
> Have you investigated MSE?
> "Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> In news:eUkIyvk4KHA.3880(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
>> Unknown <unknown(a)unknown.kom> typed:
>>> Don't you think you are showing YOUR age by using NIS
>>> instead of WSE?
>>
>> As usual, nothing said of any import.

Yes; nothing impressive, but might be OK; not willing to run it long term
right now. I know it errs on the EICAR virus test.

From: Mark Blain on
=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?= <Eric(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I need to consistently download patch on following web site, but the
> file name keeps changing based on date, for example
> http://definitions.symantec.com/defs/20100421-002-x86.exe
> http://definitions.symantec.com/defs/yyymmdd-002-x86.exe
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to
> download the patch based on specific date format? so I can set
> schedule task to run it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

Try this batch file. Adjust as needed for the date format produced on
your computer. The numbers are the starting column and the number of
columns to extract.

echo %%date%%=%date%
set mm=%date:~4,2%
set dd=%date:~7,2%