From: TIA on
How to configure a Windows Server 2003 to be an NTP time server ?

I know that all members of a domain get their time synced from their DCs etc.

However, I have server X that is NOT part of my domain (the server is an a
workgroup, behind the firewall). I can not point this server to my domain DCs
for time sync because of the security reasons.
I could point this isolated server to another general purpose member server
Y in my domain.
However, I need to configure this domain member server Y to be an NTP time
server.

The question is how ?

TIA
From: Dave Patrick on
This article may help.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc757721(WS.10).aspx

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Andrew on
perhabs this link will provide some help:
http://www.articlesbase.com/networks-articles/how-to-configure-windows-server-as-a-ntp-server-108481.html

haven't tested this solution

From: TIA on
Thank you Dave and Andrew!

Unfortunately, my time sync still does not work.

Perhaps my server X is not part of the domain (i.e. it's behind the plant
firewall).
I assume there might be a domain authentication issue (i.e. no trust).

TIA