From: Robert Judge on
In Outlook 2007, I would like to create a filter using an OR condition
instead of an AND condition. For example, I know how to create a filter that
will show me all of my contacts who live in "Boston" AND have the last name
"Smith."

However, I want to create a filter that will show me the contacts that live
in "Boston" OR have the last name of "Smith."

How can I accomplish this? I will appreciate advice.
From: Bob I on
Two searches, one for each condition.

From: Robert Judge on
I don't think this is what I am looking for. In Contacts, I want to choose
View/Current View/Customize Current View/Filter/Advanced/Define More
Criteria:
Then I want to create two filters. One filter would filter in only people
who live in Boston and the second filter would filter in only people with the
last name of Smith. When I apply that view, I would see people who live in
Boston OR have the last name of Smith.

Can I do this? If not, and I must do "two searches" as you suggest, how do
I create those two searches to get the results above?

From: Sue Mosher [MVP] on
You'll need to activate the hidden Query Builder feature; see
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040927.htm.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

From: Bob I on
OH, in that case, plug in the 2 criteria on the Advanced tab and then
click SQL tab, check the box for "Edit these criteria directly" and
change the "AND" to "OR".