From: WWalker on
Clay,

It is true that reflections from the recieving antenna can reflect back to
the source antenna and then re-reflect back altering the field received by
the receiving antenna. But, in the nearfield the fields decay at 1/r^3 and
are very small by the time they re-reflect back (1/r^6) to the receiver
dipole.

William

>On Mar 31, 6:42=A0pm, "WWalker" <william.walker(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.imtek.de>
>wrote:
>> Hi Clay,
>>
>> The propagation distance in my 500MHz carrier simulation is 10cm. But
the
>> distance can be a lot larger for lower carrier frequencies. For
example,
>> if
>> the carrier frequency (fc) is 1MHz (typical AM radio) then the optimum
>> propagation distance is 300m (1/6 carrier wavelength) and the envelope
>> will
>> arrive 80ns earlier than a light speed (propagating envelope (0.08/fc).
>> For
>> lower carrier frequencies, even larger distances and larger light speed
>> time differences are possible.
>>
>> In terms of quantum mechanics I think the following might be happening
in
>> this system. If a photon is created a t=3D0 then as it propagates,
becaus=
>e of
>> the uncertainty principle, the uncertainty of the velocity of the photon
=
>is
>> much larger than c in the nearfield and much less than c in the
farfield.
>> Which means the photon can be much faster than light in the nearfield
but
>> reduces to the speed of light as it propagates into the farfield. Below
i=
>> the argument that shows this.
>>
>> Lets calculate the uncertainty of the velocity of a photon that
propagate=
>> one wavelength after it is created: According to the Heisenberg
uncertain=
>ty
>> principle, the relation between the uncertainty in Energy (dE) and the
>> uncertainty in time (dt) is: dE*dt >=3D h. The time for a photon to
cross=
> one
>> wavelength distance is: dt =3D lambda/c. Since dE =3D h*df and
df=3Ddv/la=
>mbda
>> then dE*dt=3Dh*dv/c, but dE*dt <=3D h =A0 therefore: =A0dv >=3D c
>> For smaller distances the uncertianty will be greater and for larger
>> distances the uncertainty will be much smaller.
>>
>> William
>>

>> >On Mar 29, 12:18=3DA0pm, "WWalker"
<william.walker(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.imtek.de>

>> consta=3D
>> >nt
>> direc=3D

>> likely

What

From: robert bristow-johnson on
On Apr 2, 5:45 pm, Eric Jacobsen <eric.jacob...(a)ieee.org> wrote:

> The point is that ANY bandlimited signal, regardless of how much
> 'information' is in it,

can't be too "regardless". the amount of information that can be
carried by the signal has something to do with how bandlimited it is
(and how much time is spent transferring the signal).

> can be predicted by practical processes (e.g., a
> filter with negative group delay) in a manner that looks exactly like
> the phase advance you're seeing.   You claim it reveals accelerated
> propagation, but it is more easily explained by mere bandlimited
> prediction.

i think this is exactly what the issue is about. and William, i think
you need to separate the concepts of an arbitrary bandlimited envelope
vs. a "group" (in group delay or group velocity) where a delay of 7/8
group cycle appears to be an advancement of 1/8 cycle.

But William, if you are generating a modulating signal out of
attaching a random bit to the amplitude of a "causal" sinc (a delayed
and truncated sinc-like function), I can't possibly see how the
determination of whether the pulse had a +1 or -1 scaling it before
the random bit is actually generated. You don't think there is the
slight possibility of crankery in your theory, do you? What do they
say on sci.physics.research about it?

r b-j
From: Clay on
On Apr 2, 7:18 pm, "WWalker" <william.walker(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.imtek.de>
wrote:
> [...]
> >arrive at the rx's coax cable with superluminal speed.
>
> >This reminds of a case two years ago where I met a guy who claimed to
> >have a machine that created more energy out than he put in. He
> >"verified" this by 1st measuring the amount of power going into the
> >the machine. Then he measured the power out by putting a load on it.
> >Then he concluded he got more power out than he put in. The problem
> >was he needed to measure the power going it to the maching when it was
> >loaded. Once this was done, it was clearly observed that the power out
> >was less than the power in. His investors were not happy! You can
> >google "Sprain Motor" if you want to know about that particular
> >machine.
>
> >Now think about the loading your receive antenna puts on to the
> >transmitting antenna. This will cause an extra delay compared to when

Have you actually measured to see if the reflections are small or are
you just inferring that they are from theory?

Clay

From: steveu on
>This reminds of a case two years ago where I met a guy who claimed to
>have a machine that created more energy out than he put in. He
>"verified" this by 1st measuring the amount of power going into the
>the machine. Then he measured the power out by putting a load on it.
>Then he concluded he got more power out than he put in. The problem
>was he needed to measure the power going it to the maching when it was
>loaded. Once this was done, it was clearly observed that the power out
>was less than the power in. His investors were not happy! You can
>google "Sprain Motor" if you want to know about that particular
>machine.

He claimed to create energy out of nothing, without some profound physics
to support it, and actually got investors? Was Sprain his name, or was it
Barnum?

Steve

From: robert bristow-johnson on
On Apr 5, 12:42 pm, "steveu" <steveu(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.coppice.org> wrote:
> >This reminds of a case two years ago where I met a guy who claimed to
> >have a machine that created more energy out than he put in. He
> >"verified" this by 1st measuring the amount of power going into the
> >the machine. Then he measured the power out by putting a load on it.
> >Then he concluded he got more power out than he put in. The problem
> >was he needed to measure the power going it to the maching when it was
> >loaded. Once this was done, it was clearly observed that the power out
> >was less than the power in. His investors were not happy! You can
> >google "Sprain Motor" if you want to know about that particular
> >machine.
>
> He claimed to create energy out of nothing, without some profound physics
> to support it, and actually got investors? Was Sprain his name, or was it
> Barnum?

back in 2002, there was a company called ZeoSync that evidently got
investors, had a splashy web-site, that claimed to "have discovered a
way to shrink virtually any digital file to a hundredth of its size--
and then restore the file to its original size without error."

http://news.cnet.com/The-quest-for-near-perfect-compression/2100-1023_3-839851.html

there were other companies (banks) with investors that believed that
they could make money providing "Liar Loans".

Barnum is alive an well, unfortunately, in many forms and persons.

r b-j