From: RichA on
On Mar 15, 10:58 am, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 15 Mar 2010 10:13:56 GMT, Chris Malcolm <c...(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
> >In rec.photo.digital RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> 1.  They are outside of North America.  Very few people outside of
> >> North American seem to have more than 2 dimes to rub together.
>
> >A lot of Ebay users outside of the US now avoid buying stuff from the
> >US because there's a serious swindle going on with the extortionate
> >rates now charged by almost all US sellers for posting outside the
> >US. It's a relatively recent change, because as a UK resident I used
> >to buy stuff quite happily from the US.
>
> I wouldn't say a swindle is involved.  I've sold items on eBay to
> buyers outside the US, and it's a PIA.  The buyers don't want to pay
> the high shipping costs involved in fast delivery, but complain about
> slow delivery when the item is shipped by the inexpensive choice.

Very true. I never offer surface shipping because it can take many
weeks but the overseas types go insane when they hear the air shipping
costs.
From: RichA on
On Mar 15, 11:37 am, George Kerby <ghost_top...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/14/10 9:16 PM, in article
> 32091c3b-faf0-470a-9620-60b8ba172...(a)q23g2000yqd.googlegroups.com, "RichA"
>
> <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 14, 8:38 pm, "Mr. Strat" <r...(a)nospam.techline.com> wrote:
> >> How to identify Ebay LOSERS who have no money
>
> >> We could just look for your name attached.
>
> > Wow! What a profound comeback.
>
> Shoe fits, so it is appropriate for your juvenile and limited mind.

Is George Kerby another name for Mr. Strat? If not...
From: John A. on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:31:29 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 15, 10:58�am, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>> On 15 Mar 2010 10:13:56 GMT, Chris Malcolm <c...(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
>> wrote:

>> >A lot of Ebay users outside of the US now avoid buying stuff from the
>> >US because there's a serious swindle going on with the extortionate
>> >rates now charged by almost all US sellers for posting outside the
>> >US. It's a relatively recent change, because as a UK resident I used
>> >to buy stuff quite happily from the US.
>>
>> I wouldn't say a swindle is involved. �I've sold items on eBay to
>> buyers outside the US, and it's a PIA. �The buyers don't want to pay
>> the high shipping costs involved in fast delivery, but complain about
>> slow delivery when the item is shipped by the inexpensive choice.
>
>Very true. I never offer surface shipping because it can take many
>weeks but the overseas types go insane when they hear the air shipping
>costs.

How is sub-surface shipping?
From: Chris Malcolm on
In rec.photo.digital RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 15, 10:58?am, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>> On 15 Mar 2010 10:13:56 GMT, Chris Malcolm <c...(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
>> wrote:

>> >A lot of Ebay users outside of the US now avoid buying stuff from the
>> >US because there's a serious swindle going on with the extortionate
>> >rates now charged by almost all US sellers for posting outside the
>> >US. It's a relatively recent change, because as a UK resident I used
>> >to buy stuff quite happily from the US.
>>
>> I wouldn't say a swindle is involved. ?I've sold items on eBay to
>> buyers outside the US, and it's a PIA. ?The buyers don't want to pay
>> the high shipping costs involved in fast delivery, but complain about
>> slow delivery when the item is shipped by the inexpensive choice.

> Very true. I never offer surface shipping because it can take many
> weeks but the overseas types go insane when they hear the air shipping
> costs.

The costs of air shipping to the UK or the EU from Japan and the US
used to be similar. Now the cost of air shipping to the UK or the EU
from the US has rocketed up to far more than air shipping from Japan
or any other country. That's why there's so much noise about US air
shipping rates to other countries. I used to buy from and recommend a
number of US suppliers of photographic gear for their excellent
quality and prices. It would now be silly for anyone outside the US to
buy from them. The new US air shipping rates have priced it out of the
world market for retail sales.

What happened? Isn't anyone in the US worried about this?

--
Chris Malcolm
From: Mr. Strat on
In article
<a94b201b-f91b-4dc0-916d-99e159d8bdab(a)i25g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Is George Kerby another name for Mr. Strat? If not...

We are two different people who have never met, but both recognize you
for the retarded troll you play so well.