From: sheana on
Hi,

My computer runs Windows 7, and I would like to import messages from Outlook
Express(My old computer that ran WinXP). I have the .dbx files archived to
an external drive, and copied and pasted them to a folder on the windows
desktop. When I run the import function in Outlook 2007, I can't get it to
point to the folder where the messages are stored. I have a feeling this is
not going to work with Windows 7, but if it can, please let me know what I'm
doing wrong. If not, is there a way around this to get the messages into
Outlook?

Thanks in advance.

From: Gordon on

"sheana" <sheana(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My computer runs Windows 7, and I would like to import messages from
> Outlook Express(My old computer that ran WinXP). I have the .dbx files
> archived to an external drive, and copied and pasted them to a folder on
> the windows desktop. When I run the import function in Outlook 2007, I
> can't get it to point to the folder where the messages are stored. I have
> a feeling this is not going to work with Windows 7, but if it can, please
> let me know what I'm doing wrong. If not, is there a way around this to
> get the messages into Outlook?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I think you'll need to install Windows Live Mail as an intermediary.
Download and install, import your OE mail to that, then EXPORT from WLM to
Outlook.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/convert_oe.htm for a tutorial.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"sheana" <sheana(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> My computer runs Windows 7, and I would like to import messages from Outlook
> Express(My old computer that ran WinXP).

No need to ask more than once.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]