From: Wayne Smith on
Applies to Outlook 2010 Beta

Hi everyone,
I downloaded and installed the beta release yesterday of Office 2010 and I'm trying to import a PST file created with Outlook 2007 but I cannot find the import/export feature in the ribbon anywhere.

I've searched for help online and on YouTube but so far haven't found anything, can anyone tell me where this feature is located please in Outlook 2010 Beta?

Many thanks in advance
Wayne
From: VanguardLH on
Wayne Smith wrote:

> Applies to Outlook 2010 Beta
>
> Hi everyone,
> I downloaded and installed the beta release yesterday of Office 2010 and I'm trying to import a PST file created with Outlook 2007 but I cannot find the import/export feature in the ribbon anywhere.
>
> I've searched for help online and on YouTube but so far haven't found anything, can anyone tell me where this feature is located please in Outlook 2010 Beta?
>
> Many thanks in advance
> Wayne

This newsgroup discusses the released versions.

Microsoft Office 2010 forums are at:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010

Note: Do NOT post using HTML in newsgroup. Use plain text. Also, do NOT
use quoted-printable format when posting to newsgroups. Configure WLM
appropriately for posting to newsgroups.
From: Karl Timmermans on
The last thing you should do is import a PST file in any version of Outlook - there is no need. Simply locate and open the PST file. If this is purely for test purposes, make a copy of it and open the copy.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Import is on the File, Open menu but you shouldn't import - open the pst in the profile. you can set it as the default for delivery, if desired, from the control panel, Mail applet.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: