From: Robert Comer on
Do you "Sleep" your computer between uses? There's a BIOS problem on some
PC's where it stops VT from running after that. So check for a BIOS update.

In the mean time, to see if that's the problem, reboot your PC and then go
into the BIOS, Disable VT (Hardware Virtualization), save it, turn off the
PC, turn it back on and go into the BIOS again, turn on VT, save it and
power off again, then power on a boot like normal and try WVPC.

--
Bob Comer

From: Mr. S.K. on
Yes, I use Sleep.
Tried your suggestions: Disable VT in BIOS. Shutdown. Enable VT in BIOS.
Shutdown.
Start windows.
Start Windows XP mode ... still same behavior. App start indication (hour
glass) briefly, then nothing. No activity, no messages.

:(
--
-- />

From: Robert Comer on
I don't know what it could be then, though I'd still look for a BIOS update.

From: RCan on
Hi Mr S.K. :-)

interesting - that would be mean that your is VT ready.
What is happening in eventlog side, anything which points to VPC ?

If nothing else had worked, remove completely the VPC components from your
system as described here :
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee431673(WS.10).aspx

1. If available do an BIOS update to the latest release and check your
eventlogs if any issues are monitored.
2. confirm virtualization settings in BIOS
3. download and run "HAV Check Tool" to confirm that your system is
correctly configured and is VT capable
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0ee2a17f-8538-4619-8d1c-05d27e11adb2&displaylang=en
4. Finally install VPC for Windows 7

When you face any issues during these steps please let me know.

PS : Please check your eventlogs and provide any error information which can
be related to hardware/VPC issues

Hope that helps

Regards
Ramazan