From: Mr. S.K. on
Hello,

Installed and ran Windows XP Mode on Windows 7 x64.
Forgot if and what I changed to the system configuration, but the result is
that I can not get Windows XP Mode to run anymore.
Tried deinstalling (VPC and Update as well), reinstalling, copying working
configuration files, edited accordingly all to be no help.
When I start XP Mode, there is a little bit of system activity, but XP Mode
is not launched.

How can I truely repair my installation of Windows XP Mode on W7 x64?

Any insight appreciated.

Si.Ko.
From: RCan on
Hi Mr S.K.

> Forgot if and what I changed to the system configuration, but the result
> is
> that I can not get Windows XP Mode to run anymore.

:-)

> How can I truely repair my installation of Windows XP Mode on W7 x64?

See if the known troubleshooting steps does help you here :
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee449440(WS.10).aspx

Otherwise finally you can also un/reinstall the KB :
KB958559 is responsible for the Windows Virtual PC it self and the package
WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe does only extract the XP workstation VM instance.

Regards
Ramazan

From: Mr. S.K. on
Thanks for that.
I followed the steps to reinstall XP Mode/Virtual PC, but whenever I click
XP Mode, the mouse cursor just briefly changes to hour-glass, no disc
activity and that's it. Nothing starts!
Getting hopeless here.
--
-- />

From: RCan on
Hi Mr S.K.,

generally is your hardware capable to run VPC for Windows ?
On the download page there is a testing tool which identifys the capability
of your CPU.

If your VPC service is running, then you should only extract
WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and attach it to your VPC.

Regards
Ramazan

From: Mr. S.K. on
The thing is: I was running it succesfully once, but I guess I destroyed
something and I do not remember what is was and how to repair it.

Is there supposed to be a VPC Service? What is the exact name?

What other system dependencies are necessary?

Thanks for the help!
--
-- />