From: ALG on
I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a
formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I
try only calculates it based on the unrounded numbers and as such many sum
numbers are off by 1 (or really 1,000). Any help would be awesome! thanks
From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:57:01 -0800, ALG <ALG(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a
>formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I
>try only calculates it based on the unrounded numbers and as such many sum
>numbers are off by 1 (or really 1,000). Any help would be awesome! thanks

It sounds as if you did NOT really round the numbers, but rather just changed
the formatting in the cells. To ROUND a number, you need to use the ROUND
function, or equivalent.

e.g.

A1: =your_formula

vs

A1: =ROUND(your_formula,2)

--ron
From: PJ on
To round thousands in the way you seem to want to you can use this formula:
=ROUND(A1,-3)/1000.
This will round , for example, 1200 to 1 and 1650 to 2 and 32559 to 33.
You can then use these numbers in your calculations.