From: Darrell Childress on
I have a form, one of the fields is called ShipDate. On this form, I
would like to have right beside the field a single letter (or 2 - Th for
Thursday) indicating the day of the week that the ShipDate is. For
example, if the ShipDate contained 3/22/10, right beside that I would
like a M (for Monday). I don't have a lot of room on the form to put the
whole thing (Monday)
Thanks,
Darrell
From: Darrell Childress on
Never mind, I found it. Sorry, I got a little lazy and forgot to search
first.
I'm using =Format(ShipDate, "ddd")
I think I can live with 3 characters

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
=Left(Format([ShipDate],"dddd"),2)

--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Darrell Childress on
Thank you Arvin, love these newsgroups!

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:59:17 -0400, Darrell Childress <drc(a)nothing.com> wrote:

>I have a form, one of the fields is called ShipDate. On this form, I
>would like to have right beside the field a single letter (or 2 - Th for
>Thursday) indicating the day of the week that the ShipDate is. For
>example, if the ShipDate contained 3/22/10, right beside that I would
>like a M (for Monday). I don't have a lot of room on the form to put the
>whole thing (Monday)
>Thanks,
>Darrell

You don't even need a separate textbox. Just use a Format property such as

ddd d/m

to show

Thu 3/25

You can still type 3/25 or any other recognizable date; it will redisplay it
with the day name as soon as you leave the control.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]