From: JP SIngh on
We are using an ASP page to allow our users to update this Active Directory
Information.

Our testing show that for 90% of the users this works fine but for a small
number of users it gives an error '80072020'

Is there a way to display a more friendly error message rather than it
saying error '80072020'

thanks

From: Anthony Jones on

"JP SIngh" <none(a)none.com> wrote in message
> We are using an ASP page to allow our users to update this Active
Directory
> Information.
>
> Our testing show that for 90% of the users this works fine but for a small
> number of users it gives an error '80072020'
>
> Is there a way to display a more friendly error message rather than it
> saying error '80072020'

You google the number.

From: Bob Barrows [MVP] on
JP SIngh wrote:
> We are using an ASP page to allow our users to update this Active
> Directory Information.
>
> Our testing show that for 90% of the users this works fine but for a
> small number of users it gives an error '80072020'
>
> Is there a way to display a more friendly error message rather than it
> saying error '80072020'

Use "ON Error Resume Next ... If err <> 0 Then" to trap the error.
I don't understand the question ... are you unaware of how to trap errors in
vbscript?
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"