From: middletree on
Here's the error I am getting:
Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'
Response Buffer Limit Exceeded
Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its
configured limit

I then went to aspfaq.com, which told me to add the Response.Clear(), which
you'll see below. Since adding this, I get a timeout.

First, the connection:
strConnection ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source="&server.mappath(".\**.mdb")&";User Id=***;Password=***;"
filePath = Server.MapPath("***.mdb")

Next, the code, which queries one table in an Access database, and pulls a
city, state, name, and phone number, all of which are of type Memo:

<% Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConnection.ConnectionString = strConnection
objConnection.Open

strSQL = "select State, City, BranchID, Phone, BranchName from CMMain "
Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
RS.Open strSQL, objConnection,1,1
Do While not rs.EOF
strState = rs("State")
strCity = rs("City")
strBranchID = rs("BranchID")
strPhone = rs("Phone")
strBranchName = rs("BranchName")
%>
<%=strBranchName%>
<%=strCity%>
<%=strState%>
<%=strPhone%>
<%
Response.Clear()
Loop
set rs = nothing
set ObjConnection = nothing
%>

From: middletree on
Well, I changed:

> Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

set RS = objConnection.execute (strSQL)

and it works now. I mean, I get a different error, but I will work on that.

Weird. I thought if I was pulling up a set of data, it has to be a
recordset.

From: Danny@Kendal on
"middletree" <middletree(a)HTOmail.com> wrote in message
> Here's the error I am getting:
> Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'
> Response Buffer Limit Exceeded
> Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its
> configured limit
>
> I then went to aspfaq.com, which told me to add the Response.Clear(),
> which you'll see below. Since adding this, I get a timeout.

I'm no expert but I hope the following might help.

I have a What's On page which uses the response buffer to hopefully speed
things up. The layout I use is something like this:

response.buffer=true
[open database]
[perform database query]
[response.write the values]
[close database connection]
response.flush

From: sceptre on

middletree - you forgot to increment your recordset.
Put in just before your Loop statement:

RS.MoveNext

Otherwise you are just repeating the same record over and over and
never hitting the EOF. Before, this was filling your buffer with the
same data repeated over and over hence the buffer limit error.
Clearing the buffer just allowed the script to run until it hit the
timeout restriction.

Hope that helps.

sceptre

--