From: George's Pro Sound Co. on
As I get further along in owning a sound company I have come to understand
that some work is just not going to end up right in the long run
here is a job I have done 3 or 4 times , The promoter told me he was cutting
his budget in half so I asked him to look for another supplier
here is the letter

so anyone got any leads for work july 9,10,and 11 this year :-)

Dean,

Thank You for talking with me at the super swap on saturday. I understand
how difficult it is to create a event that is safe enjoyable and profitable,
as my business is in event production.
Upon considering how I have worked to set myself apart from most other
sound suppliers by the fact I carry a 3 million dollar liability policy,
use PAYCECKS to insure all taxes , with holdings , workers comp and
disability requirements are met to the letter of the law, along with the
reality I need to make the vast majority of my income between Memorial day
and Labor day, I can not offer you what your event needs in the budget you
have expressed needing to get to.
My price will be 4500.00 paid upon arrival to supply equipment and
labor as needed to cover the event. I understand that this is well above
what you need the sound to come in at so I encourage you to inquire your
local community for someone that may be a disc jockey or own a start up
sound company who may still be "flying under the radar" so to speak and does
not have the responsibilities and expenses that George's Pro Sound has taken
on.
I wish for you a worry free and profitable time and would be happy to
be of service to you should the job I offer and the professional
protections( 3 million in liability insurance,workers comp ,payroll taxes
back up equipment and my over 20 years of experience) be part of what you
would like to obtain from your sound provider.

Thank you for the past work and I will be happy to work with you again
at a time when your needs as a promoter and my needs as a professional sound
provider can both be met.

Thank You
George Gleason

From: Ron on
On 08/02/2010 15:42, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
> As I get further along in owning a sound company I have come to understand
> that some work is just not going to end up right in the long run
> here is a job I have done 3 or 4 times , The promoter told me he was cutting
> his budget in half so I asked him to look for another supplier
> here is the letter
>
> so anyone got any leads for work july 9,10,and 11 this year :-)
>
> Dean,
>
> Thank You for talking with me at the super swap on saturday. I understand
> how difficult it is to create a event that is safe enjoyable and profitable,
> as my business is in event production.
> Upon considering how I have worked to set myself apart from most other
> sound suppliers by the fact I carry a 3 million dollar liability policy,
> use PAYCECKS to insure all taxes , with holdings , workers comp and
> disability requirements are met to the letter of the law, along with the
> reality I need to make the vast majority of my income between Memorial day
> and Labor day, I can not offer you what your event needs in the budget you
> have expressed needing to get to.
> My price will be 4500.00 paid upon arrival to supply equipment and
> labor as needed to cover the event. I understand that this is well above
> what you need the sound to come in at so I encourage you to inquire your
> local community for someone that may be a disc jockey or own a start up
> sound company who may still be "flying under the radar" so to speak and does
> not have the responsibilities and expenses that George's Pro Sound has taken
> on.
> I wish for you a worry free and profitable time and would be happy to
> be of service to you should the job I offer and the professional
> protections( 3 million in liability insurance,workers comp ,payroll taxes
> back up equipment and my over 20 years of experience) be part of what you
> would like to obtain from your sound provider.
>
> Thank you for the past work and I will be happy to work with you again
> at a time when your needs as a promoter and my needs as a professional sound
> provider can both be met.
>
> Thank You
> George Gleason

Good man.
If you do the job on the cheap this year, next year he will cut his
budget again. Let him hire some cheap company, hopefully it will all go
well for him, or it will be a disaster and maybe he will learn just why
pro companies charge what they do.

Ron(UK)
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
> On 08/02/2010 15:42, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> As I get further along in owning a sound company I have come to
>> understand
>> that some work is just not going to end up right in the long run
>> here is a job I have done 3 or 4 times , The promoter told me he was
>> cutting
>> his budget in half so I asked him to look for another supplier
>> here is the letter
>>
>> so anyone got any leads for work july 9,10,and 11 this year :-)
>>
>> Dean,
>>
>> Thank You for talking with me at the super swap on saturday. I understand
>> how difficult it is to create a event that is safe enjoyable and
>> profitable,
>> as my business is in event production.
>> Upon considering how I have worked to set myself apart from most
>> other
>> sound suppliers by the fact I carry a 3 million dollar liability policy,
>> use PAYCECKS to insure all taxes , with holdings , workers comp and
>> disability requirements are met to the letter of the law, along with the
>> reality I need to make the vast majority of my income between Memorial
>> day
>> and Labor day, I can not offer you what your event needs in the budget
>> you
>> have expressed needing to get to.
>> My price will be 4500.00 paid upon arrival to supply equipment and
>> labor as needed to cover the event. I understand that this is well above
>> what you need the sound to come in at so I encourage you to inquire your
>> local community for someone that may be a disc jockey or own a start up
>> sound company who may still be "flying under the radar" so to speak and
>> does
>> not have the responsibilities and expenses that George's Pro Sound has
>> taken
>> on.
>> I wish for you a worry free and profitable time and would be happy
>> be of service to you should the job I offer and the professional
>> protections( 3 million in liability insurance,workers comp ,payroll taxes
>> back up equipment and my over 20 years of experience) be part of what you
>> would like to obtain from your sound provider.
>>
>> Thank you for the past work and I will be happy to work with you
>> again
>> at a time when your needs as a promoter and my needs as a professional
>> sound
>> provider can both be met.
>>
>> Thank You
>> George Gleason
>>

> Good man.
> If you do the job on the cheap this year, next year he will cut his budget
> again. Let him hire some cheap company, hopefully it will all go well for
> him, or it will be a disaster and maybe he will learn just why pro
> companies charge what they do.
>
> Ron(UK)

Ron that is what I am hoping to get across to the lurkers and newbies
there is a supplier for every budget, but it doesn't have to be me.
george

From: Ron on
On 08/02/2010 16:09, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
> [...]
>>> would like to obtain from your sound provider.
>>>
>>> Thank you for the past work and I will be happy to work with you
>>> again
>>> at a time when your needs as a promoter and my needs as a professional
>>> sound
>>> provider can both be met.
>>>
>>> Thank You
>>> George Gleason
>>>

>> Good man.
>> If you do the job on the cheap this year, next year he will cut his budget
>> again. Let him hire some cheap company, hopefully it will all go well for
>> him, or it will be a disaster and maybe he will learn just why pro
>> companies charge what they do.
>>
>> Ron(UK)
>
> Ron that is what I am hoping to get across to the lurkers and newbies
> there is a supplier for every budget, but it doesn't have to be me.

I cover the lower end of the market, but I don't step outside my
comfort zone, and I don't tread on the toes of the bigger boys, who
throw me a fish every now and then.

That's not to say I don't do my very best on each and every job I take.

Ron