From: Rod Speed on
Damian wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> Damian wrote

>>> I'm wondering, is there a way to setup a dual monitor system(with
>>> windows xp) to divide multiple windows between two(or more)
>>> monitors? Lets say I have firefox and Internet Explorer, etc
>>> running and want to send firefox window to one monitor and IE to
>>> the other monitor. Is that possible?

>> Yes.

>>> If so, what sort of video card,

>> One that supports dual monitors.

>>> software do I need?

>> Nothing extra, XP and a video card that supports more than one monitor will do that.

> Thanks Roddles, straight and simple answer that I can understand. :).
> Can you please tell whether this is possible with two seperate video cards?

It is possible, but which cards can work together varys.

You still dont need anything special software wise.

From: Gettamulla Tupya on
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 15:18:42 +1100, Terryc <newsfourspam-spam(a)woa.com.au> wrote:

> I have no idea how you get it to conssidtently fire up and open an app
> in a certain window.

The app will open on whichever monitor it was last closed on.

From: Damian on

"Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 2/03/2010 3:32 PM, Damian wrote:
>> "Rob"<mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yes
>>>

>>> Why bother with two cards, most cards now support 2x DVI or have one
>>> VGA
>>> and one DVI port, all yon need is an adaptor to output to your monitor
>>> type. DVI> VGA or VGA> DVI
>>>
>>> Some cards come with the adaptors.
>>>
>> Thanks. I haven't got a newer video card with two seperate ports, but
>> have
>> few cards with one port, therefore trying to get some use out of them as
>> well. :)
>>

> Do you have AGP cards or PCI cards ????
>
> Boards have one AGP slot and heaps of PCI slots. So you may not have a
> PCI card to fit.

I have both. But, just found out the AMD Athlon motherboard isn't working
with any of the PCI cards(2 of them) that I've tried so far. AGP port is
already being used for the existing monitor. What a bummer! :)). Any idea,
why it isn't happy with the PCI cards(cards are good ones)? the motherboard
is GA-7VAXP(rev 1.2) with 2.8GHz Athlon CPU. It simply won't boot(no
screen), once I installed the additional PCI video card.
Thanks. :)

From: Justaskme on

"Damian" <damian_andrews75(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> "Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 2/03/2010 3:32 PM, Damian wrote:
>>> "Rob"<mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Thanks. I haven't got a newer video card with two seperate ports, but
>>> have
>>> few cards with one port, therefore trying to get some use out of them as
>>> well. :)
>>>

>> Do you have AGP cards or PCI cards ????
>>
>> Boards have one AGP slot and heaps of PCI slots. So you may not have a
>> PCI card to fit.
>>
> I have both. But, just found out the AMD Athlon motherboard isn't working
> with any of the PCI cards(2 of them) that I've tried so far. AGP port is
> already being used for the existing monitor. What a bummer! :)). Any idea,
> why it isn't happy with the PCI cards(cards are good ones)? the
> motherboard is GA-7VAXP(rev 1.2) with 2.8GHz Athlon CPU. It simply won't
> boot(no screen), once I installed the additional PCI video card.
> Thanks. :)

That`s your BIOS settings choice between PCI or AGP
(can`t have both...unfortunately)
Either PCI or AGP ...F10 then save and exit.

From: Damian on

"Justaskme" <nospam(a)myemail.com> wrote in message

> "Damian" <damian_andrews75(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> "Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Do you have AGP cards or PCI cards ????
>>>
>>> Boards have one AGP slot and heaps of PCI slots. So you may not have a
>>> PCI card to fit.
>>>
>> I have both. But, just found out the AMD Athlon motherboard isn't working
>> with any of the PCI cards(2 of them) that I've tried so far. AGP port is
>> already being used for the existing monitor. What a bummer! :)). Any
>> idea, why it isn't happy with the PCI cards(cards are good ones)? the
>> motherboard is GA-7VAXP(rev 1.2) with 2.8GHz Athlon CPU. It simply won't
>> boot(no screen), once I installed the additional PCI video card.
>> Thanks. :)
>>

> That`s your BIOS settings choice between PCI or AGP
> (can`t have both...unfortunately)
> Either PCI or AGP ...F10 then save and exit.
In other words, I can have two PCI video cards then(but not one PCI and one
AGP), right?