From: jak bute on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:49:15 -0700 (PDT), DanP wrote :
> On Aug 11, 3:37�pm, jak bute <luver(a)katebeckinsale.com> wrote:
> > Is there some morphing software which can widen the angle of view in my
> > photos?
> >
> > View from a rooftop in Wimbledon, London, UK
> > http://bayimg.com/aANiGaAcf.jpg
> >
> > View from a hilltop of Pao de Acucar, Rio, Brazil
> > http://bayimg.com/cAnIKaACF.jpg
> >
> > View from a rooftop in R. Piragibe Frota Aguiar, Rio
> > http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsvfXri
> >
> > -hb-
> > (the REAL hummingbird)
> > --
> > �"All truth passes through three stages.
> > �First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed,
> > �and third, it is accepted as self-evident"
> > �(Arthur Schopenhauer)
> >
> > �Warning to criminals: all my images are copyright
>
> Cover the view you want with a few shots then stitch them together.
> http://hugin.sourceforge.net/download/
> Anyone with half a brain can do it.
>
> DanP

The only person here with half a brain is you.

Anyway, who asked for your opinion?

-hb-
(the REAL hummingbird)

From: hummingbird on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:59:14 -0400, Mark F wrote :
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:37:18 +0200, jak bute
> <luver(a)katebeckinsale.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there some morphing software which can widen the angle of view in my
> > photos?
> Morphing SOFTWARE can't widen the angle of view.
>
> You could:
> . crop so the image is wider compared to height, but the angle of
> view actually remains the same.
> . pan and stitch, so the final image has a wider angle of view
> . use a telecompressor in back of the lens to increase the angle of
> view, then crop so only the horizontal range is extended
> . use a telecompressor in front of the lens - also increases angle
> of view, but probably inferior to using one in back of the lens
> . use an anamorphic lens converter in front of the lens.
> (These were available for
> camcorders a few years ago for around US$100 to allow doing 16:9
> recording on a 4:3 camera, but I didn't find any around that price
> now. Canon RATIO CONVERTER RC-72 for about US$250 was a close as I
> found. Note that these were likely made for NTSC camcorders, so
> the optical quality might not be as good as is needed now-a-days.)
> There also were some in the US$1000 range for use with projectors.
> . use an anamorphic lens converter in back of the lens. (Think
> US$10K-25K
>
> Or, going beyond addons to your existing lens: I couldn't find any
> actual anamorphic lenses, but CinemaScope should have them and
> www.red.com seems to. Red Pro prim 25mm has about 56 degree by 31
> degree field of view, about 1.8:1 (16:9 is 1.777:1)
>

> > View from a rooftop in Wimbledon, London, UK
> > http://bayimg.com/aANiGaAcf.jpg
> >
> > View from a hilltop of Pao de Acucar, Rio, Brazil
> > http://bayimg.com/cAnIKaACF.jpg
> >
> > View from a rooftop in R. Piragibe Frota Aguiar, Rio
> > http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsvfXri
> >
> > -hb-
> > (the REAL hummingbird)

What are yer talking about? I want software to include more of the
panorama than I've already got in my pictures. Like the "landscape"
setting on my compact digicam but with more picture.

-hb-
(the REAL hummingbird)

From: Peter on
"hummingbird" <hummingbird(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:59:14 -0400, Mark F wrote :
>> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:37:18 +0200, jak bute
>> <luver(a)katebeckinsale.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Is there some morphing software which can widen the angle of view in my
>> > photos?
>> Morphing SOFTWARE can't widen the angle of view.
>>
>> You could:
>> . crop so the image is wider compared to height, but the angle of
>> view actually remains the same.
>> . pan and stitch, so the final image has a wider angle of view
>> . use a telecompressor in back of the lens to increase the angle of
>> view, then crop so only the horizontal range is extended
>> . use a telecompressor in front of the lens - also increases angle
>> of view, but probably inferior to using one in back of the lens
>> . use an anamorphic lens converter in front of the lens.
>> (These were available for
>> camcorders a few years ago for around US$100 to allow doing 16:9
>> recording on a 4:3 camera, but I didn't find any around that price
>> now. Canon RATIO CONVERTER RC-72 for about US$250 was a close as I
>> found. Note that these were likely made for NTSC camcorders, so
>> the optical quality might not be as good as is needed now-a-days.)
>> There also were some in the US$1000 range for use with projectors.
>> . use an anamorphic lens converter in back of the lens. (Think
>> US$10K-25K
>>
>> Or, going beyond addons to your existing lens: I couldn't find any
>> actual anamorphic lenses, but CinemaScope should have them and
>> www.red.com seems to. Red Pro prim 25mm has about 56 degree by 31
>> degree field of view, about 1.8:1 (16:9 is 1.777:1)
>>

>> > View from a rooftop in Wimbledon, London, UK
>> > http://bayimg.com/aANiGaAcf.jpg
>> >
>> > View from a hilltop of Pao de Acucar, Rio, Brazil
>> > http://bayimg.com/cAnIKaACF.jpg
>> >
>> > View from a rooftop in R. Piragibe Frota Aguiar, Rio
>> > http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsvfXri
>> >
>> > -hb-
>> > (the REAL hummingbird)
>
> What are yer talking about? I want software to include more of the
> panorama than I've already got in my pictures. Like the "landscape"
> setting on my compact digicam but with more picture.

IOW do you want software to include more shots that are already in your
camera, or do you want softwear to include shots for which you have no
image?

If you checki the archives, I posted a link to a pano device that will go
360 degrees.

Here is a pure software link.
http://www.ptgui.com/

--
Peter

From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 21:37:38 +0100, hummingbird
<hummingbird(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:

>What are yer talking about? I want software to include more of the
>panorama than I've already got in my pictures. Like the "landscape"
>setting on my compact digicam but with more picture.

The software that does this comes with the camera that changes gray
sky to blue sky.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 21:37:38 +0100, hummingbird
> <hummingbird(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>>What are yer talking about? I want software to include more of the
>>panorama than I've already got in my pictures. Like the "landscape"
>>setting on my compact digicam but with more picture.
>
> The software that does this comes with the camera that changes gray
> sky to blue sky.

If you interpreted his meaning correctly, that software also produces images
without a camera or any other input device.

--
Peter