From: jak bute on
Is there some morphing software which can widen the angle of view in my
photos?

View from a rooftop in Wimbledon, London, UK
http://bayimg.com/aANiGaAcf.jpg

View from a hilltop of Pao de Acucar, Rio, Brazil
http://bayimg.com/cAnIKaACF.jpg

View from a rooftop in R. Piragibe Frota Aguiar, Rio
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsvfXri

-hb-
(the REAL hummingbird)
--
"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed,

Warning to criminals: all my images are copyright

From: Irwell on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:37:18 +0200, jak bute wrote:

> Is there some morphing software which can widen the angle of view in my
> photos?

Helicon Filter has distortion capabilities.
From: dadiOH on
jak bute wrote:
> Is there some morphing software which can widen the angle of view in
> my photos?

You mean as if you'd photographed with a shorter focal length lens? If it
ain't in the photo nothing can put it there.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: Mark F on
<luver(a)katebeckinsale.com> wrote:

> Is there some morphing software which can widen the angle of view in my
> photos?
Morphing SOFTWARE can't widen the angle of view.

You could:
. crop so the image is wider compared to height, but the angle of
view actually remains the same.
. pan and stitch, so the final image has a wider angle of view
. use a telecompressor in back of the lens to increase the angle of
view, then crop so only the horizontal range is extended
. use a telecompressor in front of the lens - also increases angle
of view, but probably inferior to using one in back of the lens
. use an anamorphic lens converter in front of the lens.
(These were available for
camcorders a few years ago for around US$100 to allow doing 16:9
recording on a 4:3 camera, but I didn't find any around that price
now. Canon RATIO CONVERTER RC-72 for about US$250 was a close as I
found. Note that these were likely made for NTSC camcorders, so
the optical quality might not be as good as is needed now-a-days.)
There also were some in the US$1000 range for use with projectors.
.. use an anamorphic lens converter in back of the lens. (Think
US$10K-25K

Or, going beyond addons to your existing lens: I couldn't find any
actual anamorphic lenses, but CinemaScope should have them and
www.red.com seems to. Red Pro prim 25mm has about 56 degree by 31
degree field of view, about 1.8:1 (16:9 is 1.777:1)

From: DanP on
On Aug 11, 3:37 pm, jak bute <lu...(a)katebeckinsale.com> wrote:
> Is there some morphing software which can widen the angle of view in my
> photos?
>
> View from a rooftop in Wimbledon, London, UKhttp://bayimg.com/aANiGaAcf.jpg
>
> View from a hilltop of Pao de Acucar, Rio, Brazilhttp://bayimg.com/cAnIKaACF.jpg
>
> View from a rooftop in R. Piragibe Frota Aguiar, Riohttp://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsvfXri
>
> -hb-
> (the REAL hummingbird)
> --
>  "All truth passes through three stages.
>  First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed,
>  and third, it is accepted as self-evident"
>  (Arthur Schopenhauer)
>
>  Warning to criminals: all my images are copyright

Cover the view you want with a few shots then stitch them together.
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/download/
Anyone with half a brain can do it.

DanP