From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:48:51 +0200, socket <here(a)nd.there> wrote:

>Savageduck wrote:
>
>> On 2010-08-11 13:37:38 -0700, hummingbird <hummingbird(a)127.0.0.1>
>> said:

>>> What are yer talking about? I want software to include more of the
>>> panorama than I've already got in my pictures. Like the "landscape"
>>> setting on my compact digicam but with more picture.
>>>
>>> -hb-
>>> (the REAL hummingbird)
>>
>> What are you talking about?
>>
>> All the "landscape" setting on your compact camera does is a
>> letterbox crop. It does not create visual data which it did not
>> capture. If you want more of a panorama "picture", you are going
>> to have to take more shots for SW stitching.
>>
>> If you want less of a narrow strip effect, take the shots with
>> the camera oriented in the "portrait" or vertical position, and
>> take enough overlapped shots to capture the panorama you want.
>> You will not be able to suck more data out of thin air with
>> software.
>
>He obviously wants to widen the landscape beyond the images he has
>taken. If you don't have anything useful to say to him then don't say
>it.

How can you say anything "useful" to someone who is looking for
software that will include in an image what wasn't in the photograph
that was taken?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Franklin on
tony cooper wrote:
>How can you say anything "useful" to someone who is looking for
>software that will include in an image what wasn't in the photograph
>that was taken?

You could always tell the troll "za kAT" to fcuk off.
That would be useful. And if he says that it was ME who posted the
original troll, I deny it.

Franklin
(the REAL Franklin)

--