From: paulmd@efn.org on

Todd Turner wrote:
> I have a Dell System Optiplex GX100 and what I did was that i took it apart
> and have been trying to put it back together i have got it to the point where
> it will turn on but it displays a message that says:::
>

> Alert! Previous attempts at booking this system have failed at checkpoint
> [EMem]. For help in resolving this problem, please note this checkpoint
> and contact Dell Technical Support.

Whuups, typo. Make that:

I agree with Chris. But I bet you zapped one or both sticks of RAM with
static electricity. Try them one at a time.

From: Todd Turner via HWKB.com on
Todd Turner wrote:
>I have a Dell System Optiplex GX100 and what I did was that i took it apart
>and have been trying to put it back together i have got it to the point where
>it will turn on but it displays a message that says:::
>

>Alert! Previous attempts at booking this system have failed at checkpoint
>[EMem]. For help in resolving this problem, please note this checkpoint
>and contact Dell Technical Support.
>

>I also have hard drive information which says Western digital
>
>WD100
>
>Enhanced IDE Hard Drive
>
>Drive Parameters - LBA19541088
>
>10.0 Gigabytes of Hard Drive Space
>
>MDL - WD100BB - 75AUAI
>
>Date- 19 May 2001
>
>DCM - DSBBEGYA
>
>Bar Code #
>
>DS/N MY - 078FGW - 12555 - 15J- 08J6
>
>DP/N 078FGW C/O MY Rev AOO
>
>I also have what size the memory sticks are there are two of them one is 64
>MB and the other one is 128MB
>
>you can contact me from here or from my AIM account which is gamewizard96285
>
>and also my e-mail which is sexyboy457(a)yahoo.com
This is i guess what you would call a second hand computer and i don't have
any disk do you know any place where i could find it?

From: Jay B on
this is a hardware problem, not software/o.s.
clear the nvram, remove/replace the cmos battery.
reseat the memory, or just try each memory module separately.
it's one of those.

what were you doing in the box, you may have blown out the memory by
static shock!

you can get a dell labeled windows cd from ebay, make sure you get the
one that matches your license label on the side of the case.

From: Todd Turner via HWKB.com on
Jay B wrote:
>this is a hardware problem, not software/o.s.
>clear the nvram, remove/replace the cmos battery.
>reseat the memory, or just try each memory module separately.
>it's one of those.
>
>what were you doing in the box, you may have blown out the memory by
>static shock!
>
>you can get a dell labeled windows cd from ebay, make sure you get the
>one that matches your license label on the side of the case.
>
>>> I have a Dell System Optiplex GX100 and what I did was that i took it apart
>>> and have been trying to put it back together i have got it to the point where
>[quoted text clipped - 34 lines]
>> This is i guess what you would call a second hand computer and i don't have
>> any disk do you know any place where i could find it?
i took the entire computer apart so there was nothing in it but the box then
i've been trying to put it together and i've gotten it to the part where it
will startup but it says that booting the system has failed at checkpoint
[Poke] and then is says Error 8602 - Auxiliary Device Failure
do you know exactly where the problem is?

From: Jay B on
did you reconnect all the power connectors? some of the older dell's
had an auxilliary power connector.

the error sounds like a memory error, did you try just one memory module?

Todd Turner wrote:
> I have a Dell System Optiplex GX100 and what I did was that i took it apart
> and have been trying to put it back together i have got it to the point where
> it will turn on but it displays a message that says:::
>

> Alert! Previous attempts at booking this system have failed at checkpoint
> [EMem]. For help in resolving this problem, please note this checkpoint
> and contact Dell Technical Support.
>

> I also have hard drive information which says Western digital
>
> WD100
>
> Enhanced IDE Hard Drive
>
> Drive Parameters - LBA19541088
>
> 10.0 Gigabytes of Hard Drive Space
>
> MDL - WD100BB - 75AUAI
>
> Date- 19 May 2001
>
> DCM - DSBBEGYA
>
> Bar Code #
>
> DS/N MY - 078FGW - 12555 - 15J- 08J6
>
> DP/N 078FGW C/O MY Rev AOO
>
> I also have what size the memory sticks are there are two of them one is 64
> MB and the other one is 128MB
>
> you can contact me from here or from my AIM account which is gamewizard96285
>
> and also my e-mail which is sexyboy457(a)yahoo.com

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: dellmbr.bin
Next: Replacing a Dell case/CPU fan