From: Todd Turner on
I have a Dell System Optiplex GX100 and what I did was that i took it apart
and have been trying to put it back together i have got it to the point where
it will turn on but it displays a message that says:::

Alert! Previous attempts at booking this system have failed at checkpoint
[EMem]. For help in resolving this problem, please note this checkpoint
and contact Dell Technical Support.

I also have hard drive information which says Western digital

WD100

Enhanced IDE Hard Drive

Drive Parameters - LBA19541088

10.0 Gigabytes of Hard Drive Space

MDL - WD100BB - 75AUAI

Date- 19 May 2001

DCM - DSBBEGYA

Bar Code #

DS/N MY - 078FGW - 12555 - 15J- 08J6

DP/N 078FGW C/O MY Rev AOO

I also have what size the memory sticks are there are two of them one is 64
MB and the other one is 128MB

you can contact me from here or from my AIM account which is gamewizard96285

and also my e-mail which is sexyboy457(a)yahoo.com

From: Christopher Muto on
i suspect that you mean 'booting' not 'booking'.
if that is the case then i believe that you are experiancing a hardware
problem related to the motherboard. if the power button glows amber instead
of green then that is another indicator of the same. here is a list of
codes from the power button indicator as well as the beep codes for this
system.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/Systems/opgx100/en/ug/messages.htm i
wonder what motivated you to re-assembly this system, i mean what was the
problem with it in that lead you to take it apart and put it back together
for in the first place?

From: Fixer on
you need to reinstall the O/S

From: Christopher Muto on
i was wondering if he might have actually taken a hard disk from another
machine that has an existing installation of xp on it and put that hard disk
into this machine and expected it to work... if that is the case then
perhaps a repair-reinstall of xp would work

From: paulmd@efn.org on

Todd Turner wrote:
> I have a Dell System Optiplex GX100 and what I did was that i took it apart
> and have been trying to put it back together i have got it to the point where
> it will turn on but it displays a message that says:::
>

> Alert! Previous attempts at booking this system have failed at checkpoint
> [EMem]. For help in resolving this problem, please note this checkpoint
> and contact Dell Technical Support.

I agree with Chris. But I bet you zapped the or or both sticks of RAM
with static electricity. Try them one at a time.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: dellmbr.bin
Next: Replacing a Dell case/CPU fan