From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-16 08:43:04 -0700, "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> said:

> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> krishnananda wrote:

>>> The Nikon 8mm 180-degree fisheye produces a circular image on rectangular
>>> film, as do other non-full-frame fisheyes.
>>>
>>> But a much more important question is why are hot dogs sold in packs of
>>> 10 but hot dog buns are sold in packs of 8?
>>>
>>> In philosophy this is known as the "Hot Dog Dilemma".
>>
>> Roger that! There is one theory that the average klutzy BBQer will drop
>> two in front of the guests, and have to dispose of them in the garbage
>> instead of putting 'em back on the grill.
>
> Not if he believes in the Five Second Rule.
>
> I think it's a conspiracy between hot dog and bun makers to force consumers
> to buy more product. When the buns are used up the consumer has two hot dogs
> left over, and has to buy another package of buns. Then when the last two
> hot dogs are used he has six buns left over. And so on.

Matching 8 packs of dogs & buns have been available for years.
(Nathan's & Ball Park)

So observe the 5 second rule for dropped dogs, and all should be well.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Neil Harrington on

> On 2010-07-16 08:43:04 -0700, "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net>
> said:
>

>> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> Roger that! There is one theory that the average klutzy BBQer will drop
>>> two in front of the guests, and have to dispose of them in the garbage
>>> instead of putting 'em back on the grill.
>>
>> Not if he believes in the Five Second Rule.
>>
>> I think it's a conspiracy between hot dog and bun makers to force
>> consumers
>> to buy more product. When the buns are used up the consumer has two hot
>> dogs
>> left over, and has to buy another package of buns. Then when the last two
>> hot dogs are used he has six buns left over. And so on.
>
> Matching 8 packs of dogs & buns have been available for years. (Nathan's &
> Ball Park)

I know. Still the original eight and ten arrangement looks like a conspiracy
to me. ;-)

From: John McWilliams on
Neil Harrington wrote:
> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>> On 2010-07-16 08:43:04 -0700, "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net>
>> said:
>>
>>> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> Not if he believes in the Five Second Rule.
>>>
>>> I think it's a conspiracy between hot dog and bun makers to force
>>> consumers
>>> to buy more product. When the buns are used up the consumer has two hot
>>> dogs
>>> left over, and has to buy another package of buns. Then when the last two
>>> hot dogs are used he has six buns left over. And so on.
>> Matching 8 packs of dogs & buns have been available for years. (Nathan's &
>> Ball Park)
>
> I know. Still the original eight and ten arrangement looks like a conspiracy
> to me. ;-)
>
>> So observe the 5 second rule for dropped dogs, and all should be well.

The 'rule' works only in front of children or behind the backs of the
adults, esp. if said dog is dropped on dirt or leaves. Back on the fire
a few moments and the leaves get burned off; dirt obscured by flame.....

Happy BBQing this weekend!

--
john mcwilliams
From: Neil Harrington on

> Neil Harrington wrote:
>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> Matching 8 packs of dogs & buns have been available for years. (Nathan's
>>> & Ball Park)
>>
>> I know. Still the original eight and ten arrangement looks like a
>> conspiracy to me. ;-)
>>
>>> So observe the 5 second rule for dropped dogs, and all should be well.
>
> The 'rule' works only in front of children or behind the backs of the
> adults,

Or in front of adults who will believe anything. Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld on TV
recently addressed the fallacy, which apparently is widely believed.

> esp. if said dog is dropped on dirt or leaves. Back on the fire a few
> moments and the leaves get burned off; dirt obscured by flame.....
>
> Happy BBQing this weekend!

And to you, John!

From: GMAN on
In article <5vGdnefFOPeP493RnZ2dnUVZ_tydnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote:

>"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> krishnananda wrote:

>>> The Nikon 8mm 180-degree fisheye produces a circular image on rectangular
>>> film, as do other non-full-frame fisheyes.
>>>
>>> But a much more important question is why are hot dogs sold in packs of
>>> 10 but hot dog buns are sold in packs of 8?
>>>
>>> In philosophy this is known as the "Hot Dog Dilemma".
>>
>> Roger that! There is one theory that the average klutzy BBQer will drop
>> two in front of the guests, and have to dispose of them in the garbage
>> instead of putting 'em back on the grill.
>
>Not if he believes in the Five Second Rule.
>
>I think it's a conspiracy between hot dog and bun makers to force consumers
>to buy more product. When the buns are used up the consumer has two hot dogs
>left over, and has to buy another package of buns. Then when the last two
>hot dogs are used he has six buns left over. And so on.

Your supposed to save the last two hot dogs for the dog!!!!