From: John McWilliams on
Peter wrote:
> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Neil Harrington wrote:
>>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> I know. Still the original eight and ten arrangement looks like a
>>> conspiracy to me. ;-)

>> The 'rule' works only in front of children or behind the backs of the
>> adults, esp. if said dog is dropped on dirt or leaves. Back on the fire a
>> few moments and the leaves get burned off; dirt obscured by flame.....
>>
>> Happy BBQing this weekend!
>
> Since you're a stickler for rules. I must mention that you are talking
> about
> grilling, not barbecuing. I've spent enough time in the South to know
> the difference. :-)

Yasss, I'm a Yankee who sometimes says BBQing for anything cooked
outdoors, or even eaten outdoors, almost.

Bon weekend, as we say en France.

--
john mcwilliams
From: Peter on
> On 2010-07-16 18:15:41 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>
>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> Matching 8 packs of dogs & buns have been available for years. (Nathan's
>>> & Ball Park)
>>>
>>> So observe the 5 second rule for dropped dogs, and all should be well.
>>>

>> I thought it was a two second rule. Five seconds gives the dog too much
>> time to grab the dog.
>
> Intervention in dog on dog violence is usually conducted by use of the
> "spontaneous rescue juggle."
>
> ...but that can take you out of stealth mode too quickly to implement the
> "5 second rule" action, and the wiener would be forfeited if the "rescue
> juggle" fails.

IOW A cunning canine gets the dog.

--
Peter

From: Peter on
> Peter wrote:
>> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> The 'rule' works only in front of children or behind the backs of the
>>> adults, esp. if said dog is dropped on dirt or leaves. Back on the fire
>>> few moments and the leaves get burned off; dirt obscured by flame.....
>>>
>>> Happy BBQing this weekend!
>>
>> Since you're a stickler for rules. I must mention that you are talking
>> about
>> grilling, not barbecuing. I've spent enough time in the South to know the
>> difference. :-)
>
> Yasss, I'm a Yankee who sometimes says BBQing for anything cooked
> outdoors, or even eaten outdoors, almost.

Think this might be carrhying it a bit far?

http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/

> Bon weekend, as we say en France.

Back atcha

--
Peter

From: John McWilliams on
Peter wrote:
> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Peter wrote:
>>> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> Since you're a stickler for rules. I must mention that you are
>>> talking about
>>> grilling, not barbecuing. I've spent enough time in the South to know
>>> the difference. :-)
>>
>> Yasss, I'm a Yankee who sometimes says BBQing for anything cooked
>> outdoors, or even eaten outdoors, almost.
>
> Think this might be carrhying it a bit far?
>
> http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/

Not in the least! Psychic, too, as I'll be within 50 miles of there in a
week.....
And a lobster a day keeps..... hell, I dunno, but it's good eatin'.
--
john mcwilliams
From: Peter on
> Peter wrote:

>> http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/
>>
> Not in the least! Psychic, too, as I'll be within 50 miles of there in a
> week.....
> And a lobster a day keeps..... hell, I dunno, but it's good eatin'.

That's one of my favorite parts of Maine. For a couple of years I took a one
week workshop at Maine Media in Rockport. I am still negotiating with my
treasurer about this year. But, I am not really pushing that hard.

--
Peter