From: Butch Pa on
I already downloaded the patch but all I get when I start Outlook is a box
with two questions, 1. Microsoft Exchange Server and 2. mailbox; there is a
box that says check name next to the mailbox blank. What do I put in these
boxes? Outlook will not even start without this.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Butch Pa" <ButchPa(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I already downloaded the patch but all I get when I start Outlook is a box
> with two questions, 1. Microsoft Exchange Server and 2. mailbox; there is a
> box that says check name next to the mailbox blank. What do I put in these
> boxes? Outlook will not even start without this.

What version of Outlook, what version of the Outlook Connector, and do you use
Exchange?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: VanguardLH on
Butch Pa wrote:

> I already downloaded the patch but all I get when I start Outlook is a box
> with two questions, 1. Microsoft Exchange Server and 2. mailbox; there is a
> box that says check name next to the mailbox blank. What do I put in these
> boxes? Outlook will not even start without this.

You actually have an Exchange mail server to use? That would be at a
company so ask your company's Exchange admin for help on setting up a
company workstation to connect to the company mail server.

If Exchange is not a mail server that is available to you then why are you
defining an account in Outlook using the protocol to connect to an Exchange
server? Follow the web help pages for whomever is your unidentified e-mail
provider. They'll tell you what protocol(s) is(are) available for using
their e-mail service.

If an Exchange account type was defined in Outlook but you don't have an
Exchange server to use, use the Mail applet in Control Panel to delete the
Exchange type account.