From: Dan Makowski Dan on
I had malware attacking my computer and I deleted an .exe file that I think
controlled my ability to access my outlook. Now when I try to open outlook I
get the following error: C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE

X - Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not
have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Please Help
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Dan Makowski" <Dan Makowski(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I had malware attacking my computer and I deleted an .exe file that I think
> controlled my ability to access my outlook. Now when I try to open outlook
> get the following error: C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
>
> X - Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not
> have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

What file did you delete? Does the OUTLOOK.EXE image exist in the folder you
name?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Dan Makowski on

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> No Brian, I think it's the EXE file that I deleted. Any ideas on how I can
> retrieve it? I tried everything
> even a system restore, nothing seems to be working. I even tried like 2
> file cure programs. Argghh.

Is it not in your Recycle Bin? If so, restore it from there. Otherwise,
uninstall Outlook and reinstall it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]