From: Rob Warnock on
joswig(a)corporate-world.lisp.de <joswig(a)lisp.de> wrote:
+---------------
| p...(a)informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) wrote:
| > LOL Yeah right! Give gavino ten years of rest to let
| > his unconscious mind work on it!
|
| Norvig's 'Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years' (
| http://norvig.com/21-days.html
| ) gets a new meaning...
+---------------

Could be even more than ten years, depending on your chosen implementation:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html
Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days
Dorai Sitaram, 1998-2004

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock <rpw3(a)rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue <URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403 (650)572-2607

From: Tamas K Papp on
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 13:44:45 +1100, Tim X wrote:

> For the OP, I don't think you have a true desire or the motivation to
> put in an honest effort. I've seen many posts to this group from
> you,nearly all of which consisted of vague wishy-washy questions like
> "Why is lisp good" or something else that just smells of flamebait. I
> don't recall seeing any questions with anything specific, such as
> requests to explain a bit of lisp code or even requests for pointers on
> which library to use or asking if some behavior was a bug etc. In short,
> nothing of substance and no evidence of any effort to find answers other
> than to fire off vague questions to this NG.

Exactly. All Gavino does is post vague one-liners, presumably with
the intent of generating discussion, by why he does that is unclear.
Some people then try to read meaning into these and answer them.

He is like the ultimate doctor mode in Emacs: sometimes he gets 20+
posts with questions that are computer-related counterparts of "HOW IS
BABBY FORMEd?". A lot of people fell for this one too.

Tamas
From: Luis Lepe on
I advice you to read maxima code, for example solve.lisp. I enjoy
some comments for
example:

this part in the code of (defun usolve ...

Bullshit -- RWK. This is precisely the bug this code was added to
fix !

So I think Lisp has a new kind of recurrence.

Just on hollidays.
From: joswig on
On 25 Dez., 09:44, r...(a)rpw3.org (Rob Warnock) wrote:
> jos...(a)corporate-world.lisp.de <jos...(a)lisp.de> wrote:
>
> +---------------
> | p...(a)informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) wrote:
> | > LOL Yeah right! Give gavino ten years of rest to let
> | > his unconscious mind work on it!
> |
> | Norvig's 'Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years' (
> |http://norvig.com/21-days.html
> | ) gets a new meaning...
> +---------------
>
> Could be even more than ten years, depending on your chosen implementation:
>
>    http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html
>     Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days
>     Dorai Sitaram, 1998-2004

Then I was clever without knowing. I saw the first Lisp code on an
Apple II.

From: gavino on
On Dec 23, 7:30 pm, Lars Rune Nøstdal <larsnost...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 23, 2:20 pm, gavino <gavcom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I just don't kow if I can learn it.
>
> Try more beer/drugs. Soon you will be just as clever as your former
> president!

jeesh I want bush back. we now have more war, deficit, and
unemployment, and fed which caused housing problem getting more power
whew!