From: Brandy Lynn Brandy on
Does anyone know how to stop emails that are being sent from my email address
by an unknown user? This has happened a few times now and the email that is
being sent contains different links. I have scanned my computer and my virus
protection is okay.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Brandy Lynn" <Brandy Lynn(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know how to stop emails that are being sent from my email
> address
> by an unknown user? This has happened a few times now and the email that is
> being sent contains different links. I have scanned my computer and my virus
> protection is okay.

I strongly doubt that your Outlook is generating the messages. Instead, it
likely that your address has been hijacked by a spammer who is using it as the
sender address for his spew. The receiving mail servers detect that the
recipient address is invalid and generate a non-delivery report, sending it
back to the address they believe originated the message: yours, even though
you didn't send it. There's nothing you can do about this except try to
filter our the NDRs with a rule.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]