From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
> On 21/07/2010 23:21, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> "The Post Quartermaster"<quartermasterextraordinaire(a)postfiftyone.org>
>> wrote in message news:GbGdnWOWuPGm7drRnZ2dnUVZ_uSdnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>> After weighing all the great advice and studying the situation I decided
>>> on a solution for the outside speaker problem. Here's what I plan to do.
>>>
>>> I have two old 8 ohm monitor speakers that I am going to use. I'll take
>>> them out of the cabinets they are in and build a couple of new ones that
>>> will be as weather proof as possible. (also they will be under a pretty
>>> good awning) I am going to loan the CoC a 12/4 Yamaha mixer that I don't
>>> use. I will either loan, or just give them, one or two old QSC A3.7
>>> power
>>> amps I have. If I use both of them, I will run one speaker off of one
>>> amp.
>>> The amp has two outputs and shows 150w RMS at 4ohms minimum so running
>>> an
>>> 8ohm speaker should be no problem. ????
>>
>> providing the amps are in good working order this is technically sound
>>>
>>> One of the amps might not be operable and if that is the case I'll have
>>> run two 8ohm speakers off of one amp thus putting me right at the 4ohm
>>> minimum. Right??? And that should be okay also. ???
>>

>> that would be correct
>>>
>>> I appreciate all the responses and took them all seriously. I would
>>> further appreciate any thoughts on my proposed solution. I'm pretty sure
>>> it's not going to be the greatest sounding setup but at least they'll
>>> have
>>> some noise.<G> If it sounds too bad, maybe it will be an incentive for
>>> them to have a fundraiser to upgrade their system.
>>>

>> going with a unit as modest as the pmp2000 for around 300$ will be a
>> world
>> away from what they have
>>
>> http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/PMP2000.aspx
>>
>> I also have 518 powered mixers, I use that as a FREE loan to boy scout
>> troops for calling pinewood derbys and to accompany a small confrence
>> system that has a wireless mic and a video project, usually to a audience
>> numbering in the 12 to 40 range
>> so the 518 does have uses , just not multi zone low impedance loads
>
> I gotta ask, What's a pinewood derby? Soapbox cart racing?
>
> Ron

much smaaller
here is a picture
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dpinewood%2Bderby%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-701&w=331&h=500&imgurl=farm1.static.flickr.com%2F80%2F244720854_f724b868f7.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F50363880%40N00%2F244720854%2F&size=123k&name=Pinewood+Derby+2...&p=pinewood+derby&oid=f8ed5988358e1292&fr2=&fusr=Pinewood+Der...&no=10&tt=125455&sigr=11kajs7lb&sigi=11j0ppo2o&sigb=12jvlnsvv

From: Ron on
On 22/07/2010 11:20, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
> "Ron"<ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>> On 21/07/2010 23:21, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

>>> providing the amps are in good working order this is technically sound

>>> that would be correct

>>> going with a unit as modest as the pmp2000 for around 300$ will be a
>>> world
>>> away from what they have
>>>
>>> http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/PMP2000.aspx
>>>
>>> I also have 518 powered mixers, I use that as a FREE loan to boy scout
>>> troops for calling pinewood derbys and to accompany a small confrence
>>> system that has a wireless mic and a video project, usually to a audience
>>> numbering in the 12 to 40 range
>>> so the 518 does have uses , just not multi zone low impedance loads
>>
>> I gotta ask, What's a pinewood derby? Soapbox cart racing?
>>
>> Ron
>>
> much smaaller
> here is a picture
> http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dpinewood%2Bderby%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-701&w=331&h=500&imgurl=farm1.static.flickr.com%2F80%2F244720854_f724b868f7.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F50363880%40N00%2F244720854%2F&size=123k&name=Pinewood+Derby+2...&p=pinewood+derby&oid=f8ed5988358e1292&fr2=&fusr=Pinewood+Der...&no=10&tt=125455&sigr=11kajs7lb&sigi=11j0ppo2o&sigb=12jvlnsvv

AH that`s what we called 'Dinky racing'

From: The Post Quartermaster on

"Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
> On 22/07/2010 00:33, in article
> YpednSSh_5ow6NrRnZ2dnUVZ_gydnZ2d(a)giganews.com, "The Post
> Quartermaster"
> <quartermasterextraordinaire(a)postfiftyone.org> wrote:
>
> (...)
>>
>> I still can't grasp that impedence stuff. To me it seems that low
>> impedence (impedence being the operative word) would be a good
>> thing.
>> I remember back in my teens, a girl's Dad would "impede" me from
>> seeing her. I guess that has stuck with me.
>
> An impedance of zero equals a short circuit.
>
> An impedance of infinity equals an open circuit.
>
> Clearer that way?
>

> --
> Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

Kinda. Thanks
--
Careful how you respond. I have people!

JC

From: The Post Quartermaster on

"The Post Quartermaster"
<quartermasterextraordinaire(a)postfiftyone.org> wrote in message
> After weighing all the great advice and studying the situation I
> decided on a solution for the outside speaker problem. Here's what I
> plan to do.
>
> I have two old 8 ohm monitor speakers that I am going to use. I'll
> take them out of the cabinets they are in and build a couple of new
> ones that will be as weather proof as possible. (also they will be
> under a pretty good awning) I am going to loan the CoC a 12/4 Yamaha
> mixer that I don't use. I will either loan, or just give them, one
> or two old QSC A3.7 power amps I have. If I use both of them, I will
> run one speaker off of one amp. The amp has two outputs and shows
> 150w RMS at 4ohms minimum so running an 8ohm speaker should be no
> problem. ????
>
> One of the amps might not be operable and if that is the case I'll
> have to run two 8ohm speakers off of one amp thus putting me right
> at the 4ohm minimum. Right??? And that should be okay also. ???
>
> I appreciate all the responses and took them all seriously. I would
> further appreciate any thoughts on my proposed solution. I'm pretty
> sure it's not going to be the greatest sounding setup but at least
> they'll have some noise. <G> If it sounds too bad, maybe it will be
> an incentive for them to have a fundraiser to upgrade their system.
>

> --
> Careful how you respond. I have people!
>
> JC

I forgot to mention. In using this setup, I will use the Behringer
also. I'm just going to put a Shure A27M (dual mic holder) on the mic
stand. One mic will run to the Behringer (indoor pa) and the other
will run to the Yamaha mixer (outdoor pa) so what is said, sung or
whatever will be heard both indoors and out with the ability to mix
for each environment individually.

From: Rupert on
On Jul 22, 11:37 am, "The Post Quartermaster"
<quartermasterextraordina...(a)postfiftyone.org> wrote:
> "The Post Quartermaster"<quartermasterextraordina...(a)postfiftyone.org> wrote in message

> > After weighing all the great advice and studying the situation I
> > decided on a solution for the outside speaker problem. Here's what I
> > plan to do.
>
> > I have two old 8 ohm monitor speakers that I am going to use. I'll
> > take them out of the cabinets they are in and build a couple of new
> > ones that will be as weather proof as possible. (also they will be
> > under a pretty good awning) I am going to loan the CoC a 12/4 Yamaha
> > mixer that I don't use. I will either loan, or just give them, one
> > or two old QSC A3.7 power amps I have. If I use both of them, I will
> > run one speaker off of one amp. The amp has two outputs and shows
> > 150w RMS at 4ohms minimum so running an 8ohm speaker should be no
> > problem. ????
>
> > One of the amps might not be operable and if that is the case I'll
> > have to run two 8ohm speakers off of one amp thus putting me right
> > at the 4ohm minimum. Right??? And that should be okay also. ???
>
> > I appreciate all the responses and took them all seriously. I would
> > further appreciate any thoughts on my proposed solution. I'm pretty
> > sure it's not going to be the greatest sounding setup but at least
> > they'll have some noise. <G> If it sounds too bad, maybe it will be
> > an incentive for them to have a fundraiser to upgrade their system.
>
> > --
> > Careful how you respond. I have people!
>
> > JC
>
> I forgot to mention. In using this setup, I will use the Behringer
> also. I'm just going to put a Shure A27M (dual mic holder) on the mic
> stand. One mic will run to the Behringer (indoor pa) and the other
> will run to the Yamaha mixer (outdoor pa) so what is said, sung or
> whatever will be heard both indoors and out with the ability to mix
> for each environment individually.

That's overkill. Simply use an XLR Y cable to split the single mic out
to the two mixers. You can do this at the input of one of the mixers
so you only have a single mic cable coming out of the mic. Mic to long
cable, cable to XLR Y, one side of the Y into mixer 1, other side of
the XLR Y into mixer 2 - you can use jumper XLR cable over to the
other mixer the splits on the Y aren't long enough.

Rupert
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Telecoil Systems