From: The Post Quartermaster on

"Rupert" <foodsteaks(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 22, 11:37 am, "The Post Quartermaster"
<quartermasterextraordina...(a)postfiftyone.org> wrote:
> "The Post
> Quartermaster"<quartermasterextraordina...(a)postfiftyone.org> wrote
> in message

> > After weighing all the great advice and studying the situation I
> > decided on a solution for the outside speaker problem. Here's what
> > plan to do.
>
> > I have two old 8 ohm monitor speakers that I am going to use. I'll
> > take them out of the cabinets they are in and build a couple of
> > new
> > ones that will be as weather proof as possible. (also they will be
> > under a pretty good awning) I am going to loan the CoC a 12/4
> > Yamaha
> > mixer that I don't use. I will either loan, or just give them, one
> > or two old QSC A3.7 power amps I have. If I use both of them, I
> > will
> > run one speaker off of one amp. The amp has two outputs and shows
> > 150w RMS at 4ohms minimum so running an 8ohm speaker should be no
> > problem. ????
>
> > One of the amps might not be operable and if that is the case I'll
> > have to run two 8ohm speakers off of one amp thus putting me right
> > at the 4ohm minimum. Right??? And that should be okay also. ???
>
> > I appreciate all the responses and took them all seriously. I
> > would
> > further appreciate any thoughts on my proposed solution. I'm
> > pretty
> > sure it's not going to be the greatest sounding setup but at least
> > they'll have some noise. <G> If it sounds too bad, maybe it will
> > be
> > an incentive for them to have a fundraiser to upgrade their
> > system.
>
> > --
> > Careful how you respond. I have people!
>
> > JC
>
> I forgot to mention. In using this setup, I will use the Behringer
> also. I'm just going to put a Shure A27M (dual mic holder) on the
> mic
> stand. One mic will run to the Behringer (indoor pa) and the other
> will run to the Yamaha mixer (outdoor pa) so what is said, sung or
> whatever will be heard both indoors and out with the ability to mix
> for each environment individually.

That's overkill. Simply use an XLR Y cable to split the single mic out
to the two mixers. You can do this at the input of one of the mixers
so you only have a single mic cable coming out of the mic. Mic to long
cable, cable to XLR Y, one side of the Y into mixer 1, other side of
the XLR Y into mixer 2 - you can use jumper XLR cable over to the
other mixer the splits on the Y aren't long enough.

Rupert

You read my mind. I've ordered the cables. It's just that I have the
A27 on hand right now. I went ahead with it because we are so far out
in the sticks that we even get our email by UPS and things ordered
take awhile.
--
Careful how you respond. I have people!

JC