From: Lev on
I need your assistance
Hi every one
I need assistance with very strange situation.
here it is:
This is Win 2003 standard addition.

Until now we did not had any problem with it but as of several months new
users cannot log in in to a domain even the profiles are set up on the server.

So I research and what I found that it is a silence issue ( from what I can
think of).

if you try to get to Licensing from control penal
I an getting message that "The license Service is not running on
\\server.station.com
\\server.station.com is not accessible "
It shows "0" number of licenses and it is gray-out and if i try to add
I get very similar error message
"The License Logging Service is not running on the target machine,or the
target machine is no accessible"

This problems with users log-in apply to a new users or if I add or replace
PC, as to licensing we should have at list 6-7 licenses extra
However the old users are OK the get authentication through the server but I
had to setup 3 new PC's and 2 new users and I was getting error message that
domain is not available for this user, however I very successfully log-in old
user on same PC
So here is detail story and may be some one point me to a some kind of
fix... rebuilding the server would be a devastating effect to operation and
large loss of time.

Thanx in advance

LA
From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
This news groups is for Windows Server Small Business Server
You probably want to repost in a standard server newsgroup

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed

From: Brian Cryer on
With the rate the Microsoft are turning off their newsgroups there probably isn't one anymore for windows standard server ... !
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

From: Brian Cryer on
"Lev" <Lev(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need your assistance
> Hi every one
> I need assistance with very strange situation.
> here it is:
> This is Win 2003 standard addition.
>
> Until now we did not had any problem with it but as of several months new
> users cannot log in in to a domain even the profiles are set up on the
> server.
>
> So I research and what I found that it is a silence issue ( from what I
> can
> think of).
>
> if you try to get to Licensing from control penal
> I an getting message that "The license Service is not running on
> \\server.station.com
> \\server.station.com is not accessible "
> It shows "0" number of licenses and it is gray-out and if i try to add
> I get very similar error message
> "The License Logging Service is not running on the target machine,or the
> target machine is no accessible"
>
> This problems with users log-in apply to a new users or if I add or
> replace
> PC, as to licensing we should have at list 6-7 licenses extra
> However the old users are OK the get authentication through the server but
> had to setup 3 new PC's and 2 new users and I was getting error message
> that
> domain is not available for this user, however I very successfully log-in
> old
> user on same PC
> So here is detail story and may be some one point me to a some kind of
> fix... rebuilding the server would be a devastating effect to operation
> and
> large loss of time.

Okay, not an SBS issue but Cris has already pointed that out.

Its unlikely to be anything to do with the "Licensing Logging Service". On
the 2003 standard server I'm connecting to now (I look after both standard
and sbs servers) its disabled and we don't have any issues.

If you replace a PC and can't login, I'd suggest removing the PC from the
domain and then re-adding it. If you can't re-add it then its likely to be a
network related issue - it might be a network related issue in any event, in
which case its worth checking the system event log both on the PC and at the
server to see if there are any network related errors being logged.

Do you have PCs where one person can login yet another cannot?

What is the exact error message you see?
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

From: Lev on
Hi Brian
Thanx for your assistance.
I cannot bring PC in to domain any more.
But this is a list of my issues.Your last question is my issue.
I can log-in in to a domain old user from same PC I cannot log in a new one.
I cannot figured out why all the workstations on DHCP so the ruuls are a
same all users in directory with same rights.
So this is drive me NUTS

LA