From: ChrisUK on
Hi,

Windows SBS 2008 premium. 10 users. exchange, shared docs.

I set up this network 6 months ago and since day 1 I've had a LOT of errors
in the Application event log, error 2424 and error 18056. I've done a lot of
research into these errors and found there were plenty of other people
experiencing the same thing. I've tried a lot of fixes that were suggested
and none of them have worked.

My question is simple, can I uninstall Sharepoint without losing other
functionality. We don't use SP 3.0 at all (as far as I know).

My 2nd question would then be with regards to uninstalling it. Do I just
remove it via control panel or is there more to it?

Kind regards
From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
Why not just disable it?
SBS is a very tightly integrated solution and typically does not react well to simply uninstalling.

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed

From: Susan Bradley on
http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/08/05/sharepoint-services-3-search-event-errors-after-an-sbs-2008-update-rollup.aspx

What exactly did you follow?

Don't uninstall it. Do install www.sbsbpa.com as that would have also
let you know what to do.

From: ChrisUK on
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

OK - I won't uninstall. When you say "disable it" do you mean turning off
the SP services and setting them to not start up automatically?

"Susan Bradley" wrote:

> http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/08/05/sharepoint-services-3-search-event-errors-after-an-sbs-2008-update-rollup.aspx
>
> What exactly did you follow?
>
> Don't uninstall it. Do install www.sbsbpa.com as that would have also
> let you know what to do.
>
> ChrisUK wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Windows SBS 2008 premium. 10 users. exchange, shared docs.
> >
> > I set up this network 6 months ago and since day 1 I've had a LOT of errors
> > in the Application event log, error 2424 and error 18056. I've done a lot of
> > research into these errors and found there were plenty of other people
> > experiencing the same thing. I've tried a lot of fixes that were suggested
> > and none of them have worked.
> >
> > My question is simple, can I uninstall Sharepoint without losing other
> > functionality. We don't use SP 3.0 at all (as far as I know).
> >
> > My 2nd question would then be with regards to uninstalling it. Do I just
> > remove it via control panel or is there more to it?
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Exchange queues