From: PorBar on
We would like to send/receive faxes using Outlook 2003 clients running
Windows XP on a SBS2003 domain. We do not want to install a modem for
the server. We prefer an efax (Fax over Internet) solution. I assume
we'll need a VOIP router...

What are the options for our environment? We just started looking at
Faxmaker from GFI, so if anyone has implemented this please advise.

Thanks!
From: Steve Foster on
PorBar wrote:

> We would like to send/receive faxes using Outlook 2003 clients running
> Windows XP on a SBS2003 domain. We do not want to install a modem for
> the server. We prefer an efax (Fax over Internet) solution. I assume
> we'll need a VOIP router...
>
> What are the options for our environment? We just started looking at
> Faxmaker from GFI, so if anyone has implemented this please advise.

GFI FaxMaker is primarily an on-premise fax solution. It integrates
local send/receive fax facilities into Exchange Server (so that you
treat faxes as emails). It does have FOIP integration options, but I'm
not sure how extensive those are.

Another option would simply be www.efax.com, or a similar service (I
have no experience with eFax, but they've been around longer than any
other I know of).

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:
From: Leythos on
In article <0fb05924-c4c8-4c5a-83cf-c16e54a0f849
@i31g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, compsosinc(a)gmail.com says...

> We would like to send/receive faxes using Outlook 2003 clients running
> Windows XP on a SBS2003 domain. We do not want to install a modem for
> the server. We prefer an efax (Fax over Internet) solution. I assume
> we'll need a VOIP router...
>
> What are the options for our environment? We just started looking at
> Faxmaker from GFI, so if anyone has implemented this please advise.
>
> Thanks!

I would strongly suggest that you not go with an efax solution and host
your own fax system. I've used GFI Fax with 16 modems running 24/7 to
take prescription orders, more than 4000 faxes per day with a failure of
1-2 faxes per day at worst.

If you want all the features, like email to fax, fax to email, fax to
printer, print to fax, you need to have a local solution.

Remember, if you use an external solution you are at the mercy of their
software and systems.

Trust yourself.