From: gts² blue on
Well - thanks for your help.

BTW - would it be possible for you to remove your replies, as I do not
want my e-mail address made public ?

I didn't realize if someone archived the posts on the web, my e-mail
address would be visible.

-Gerri-

From: Paul Rubin on
"gtsý blue" <gts2blue(a)gmail.com> writes:
> BTW - would it be possible for you to remove your replies, as I do not
> want my e-mail address made public ?

Too late, your address is in your posts. Welcome to spam city.
From: gts² blue on
They weren't my posts.
Whoever` replied to my posts could have removed my e-mail address from
the reply.

It isn't that hard. :P

From: gts² blue on
I realize my address is in my posts, but I can also remove my own
posts. I can't remove other people's posts. And that's what seemed to
pop up when i googled my e-mail address - not my e-mail address in the
From: line of my own posts, but my e-mail address posted in the
replies.

Well I thought maybe if I tried to get rid of the posts here, maybe I'd
stop getting the phishing attacks. Or less. How annoying - I get
enough spam already. lol....
I'm figuring maybe the longer it's on the web, the more
spammers/phishers/malicious bastards can harvest it and the more spam
I'd get - so maybe if I got it off usenet/google I wouldn't attract
MORE spam/phish etc... Maybe I'm wrong.

It's really pathetic, the phishers.

Every day I get stupid eBay phishing emails @ this address - and I had
never gotten any spam/phishing thru that address til those addresses
got posted to the web.

From: Andrew Webber on
On 9 May 2005 12:11:48 -0700, "gtsý blue" <[email address pointlessly
removed]> wrote:

>Well I thought maybe if I tried to get rid of the posts here, maybe I'd
>stop getting the phishing attacks. Or less. How annoying - I get
>enough spam already. lol....
>
>I'm figuring maybe the longer it's on the web, the more
>spammers/phishers/malicious bastards can harvest it and the more spam
>I'd get - so maybe if I got it off usenet/google

This is Usenet, there is no "here", here.

Your posts are stored everywhere, not just at google. And every time
you reply, you re-post your address again. I removed your address but
for no reason.

=aw

andrew [awebber(a)wwwebbers.com]
--
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject