From: Jack.NilsonJ on
Searching for password removal for IBM ThinkPad R52/T43 or higher
models is just waste of time. IBM has changed the security system on
their newer laptop models so it is included in the general I/O
controller. Some guys over the internet are claiming that they have a
solution based of CMOS Decoder and Reader, such as Jeo in Australia, or
AllService.ro. Personally, I wasted a hundred of bucks buying what so
called RPC8394 from allservice.ro and it turned out to be a scam. Watch
OUT.

Good Luck
Jack

From: Todd H. on
Jack.NilsonJ(a)gmail.com writes:

> Searching for password removal for IBM ThinkPad R52/T43 or higher
> models is just waste of time. IBM has changed the security system on
> their newer laptop models so it is included in the general I/O
> controller. Some guys over the internet are claiming that they have a
> solution based of CMOS Decoder and Reader, such as Jeo in Australia, or
> AllService.ro. Personally, I wasted a hundred of bucks buying what so
> called RPC8394 from allservice.ro and it turned out to be a scam. Watch
> OUT.

Curious - are these guys bs too?
http://www.ja.axxs.net/unlock/

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
From: Arno Wagner on
Previously Todd H. <comphelp(a)toddh.net> wrote:
> Jack.NilsonJ(a)gmail.com writes:

>> Searching for password removal for IBM ThinkPad R52/T43 or higher
>> models is just waste of time. IBM has changed the security system on
>> their newer laptop models so it is included in the general I/O
>> controller. Some guys over the internet are claiming that they have a
>> solution based of CMOS Decoder and Reader, such as Jeo in Australia, or
>> AllService.ro. Personally, I wasted a hundred of bucks buying what so
>> called RPC8394 from allservice.ro and it turned out to be a scam. Watch
>> OUT.

> Curious - are these guys bs too?
> http://www.ja.axxs.net/unlock/

If the password is in the TPM, only hardware access will remove it.
Fot that you need to open the chip and change the state of some
memory cells in it. Can be done but is very, very expensive.
Traditionally you could switch the TPM chip off in the BIOS.
It looks like that is not mossible anymore.

And who is to blame? The scum that steals these things!

Arno