From: Centriton on
System Restore should solve the problem at least for most people with this
case.
I suggest you "hide update" (I mean this particular driver update) and don't
turn System Restore off because System Restore is very useful.

I wonder when they will stop pushing this driver and test it to work
properly before pushing it through Windows Update again. At the time of this
post I checked for update and was offered this broken driver again.

I also think that the feature "Roll Back Driver" should be made to really
roll back the driver as in this case using that feature doesn't help. There
is no sound after that even when you reboot.

Some people at their Support should try to take customers complaints more
seriously. Still pushing this driver will just cause more people to fall into
this mess. Stop and test the driver.

From: mickdanny on

Just to let anyone know that i have managed to get my sound working went
onto sony website download the sound driver so if anyone out there has a
sony go to there website and down load it it now works fine.

Well done windows microsoft for mucking up my PC till the next
time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
mickdanny
mickdanny's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48005

From: lyneee on

JAK71454;3705907 Wrote:
> I have Vista and ran the IDT - Audio - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
> update yesterday and now I get the following on the volumn control:
> NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED
>
> I checked "installed updates" to remove this and it is not there.
>
> I tried to restore back to several restore points and I got an
> unspecified error for all the restores.
> What should I try next? Jim

Has anyone figured this one out yet? It won't let me roll back my
driver, well it did, then it didn't work, so I tried updating the
driver, which (dah) brought me back to the new one. Now it won't even
give me the option of rolling back. I've tried to SYSTEM RESTORE from
2 different points and get the same "unspeified error" mentioned
above... HELP!! PLEASE :-(

--
lyneee
lyneee's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48094

From: pedro_s on

> > I tried to restore back to several restore points and I got an
> > unspecified error for all the restores.
> I've tried to SYSTEM RESTORE from
> 2 different points and get the same "unspeified error" mentioned

Having the same issue here with Windows Vista - System Restore fails to
restore.
Windows update does not show this as a driver that you can Uninstall

Interestingly enough - today "Windows Vista SP1" shows as an Important
Update available to install.

I'm giving this a try now.
From: lyneee on

Anyone have any luck installing SP1? I'm scared to death to try it
after that last update.