From: Krairo on

Can someone please help me I have a Dell XPS M1710 with Windows XP SP3 &
my audio card & drivers are Sigmatel 9200 HD Audio Codec. I accidentally
installed AUD_allOS_x5511_v5511_PV_IDTGUI_v005.exe and now I have no
sound and grayed sound card selections IN CONTROL PANEL SYSTEM. I have
tried system restore and loading my original files from my Dell Driver
CD... it tells me that those drivers cannot be installed on the is
version of windows or something like that.

--
Krairo
Krairo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48766

http://forums.techarena.in

From: skywalker4551 on

I installed SP1, then uninstalled the IDT codec, and reinstalled the
original Sigmatel driver from the Dell download site - BINGO - back on

--
skywalker4551
skywalker4551's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=49276